cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbells Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Change the Doorbell Sound (Outside)

I would like to change the sound the doorbell makes outside  - not the sound on the phone app or the chime unit.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Change the Doorbell Sound (Outside)

I second this, and anything you choose upto a certain size, would love to use a prerecorded message but i think thats going a tad too far Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Change the Doorbell Sound (Outside)

I was just going on here to say the same, especially with the Halloween and Adamms Family rings for trick or treat, and other holiday sounds already integrated for Chime, should be fairly easy to do.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Doorbells Feature Request

Can Ring create a Google Chrome Extension to send Notifications when Chrome Browser is open? This would be useful for people whoe work in building that dont have good cell reception/no guest wifi. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

@HumanPretzel wrote:

Can Ring create a Google Chrome Extension to send Notifications when Chrome Browser is open? This would be useful for people whoe work in building that dont have good cell reception/no guest wifi. 

Great idea.  I second this idea.  :-)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I agree, we need to know if there is charging going in, not just a percentage of what the charge is. Good point!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Proposed feature
-Save battery life
-Reduce notifications
-Reduce internet data usage (some have limit, and it is both home wifi and cellular data combined).

Edit: user "mydogismychime" made my idea better:
This is done with your phone.
Multiple people on the system using geofencing with their phones. When everyone is gone, the security kicks in.
"Settings" allow you to turn the security on when 1 person, or both members are gone from the house at a certain distance.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

You don't need a keychain. This is called geofencing, and most devices that support it just use your phone as the "keychain". My thermostat does it to get my house to my ideal temperature when I get close so it can save energy while I'm gone. Good idea though, that would be a great feature for Ring.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yeah, that sounds great.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'd love to see the ability to configure the rotation of a doorbell! One of my doorbells fits much better at a 90 degree angle and I'd love to be able to configure it to show the video at the correct orientation.

Also, I'd love a setting to keep the video on my phone in the orientation that I have my phone set to.