cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbells Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Doorbells Feature Request

Weirdly enough my dad and I own the exact same phone (iPhone 8S) while he is on the newer iOS I am still on the older (ios 12) for me the app loads within 5-10 seconds for him it’s upwards of 20-30 seconds as well!
It seems like a bug maybe in the app itself, or atleast hasn’t been optimized for the newer ios..
As I always like to say.. if it ain’t broke.. So I’ll be sticking around ios 12 for now
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Jennifer:

Somewhat related to the inquiry from "TheCarsForever", could there alos be an ability for the Video Doorbell 2 unit to mirror the chime tome chosen on the interconnected Ring Chime Pro unit? I havethe "Westminster" chime chosen for (2) Chime Pros in the house, but the visitor hears only the tinny, sub-standard tone at the physical doorbell location. Can you synch the two when the Doorbell 2 is on the Chime Pro network? Thanks!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is there a reason why I still have Halloween and Christmas tones still on my ring app on my iPhone 11
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Download the other ring app. It’s called Rapid Ring. By Jesus that’s fast at loading maybe 1to2 seconds at most. Also make sure you have the permissions set to open so the app loads faster.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

As a user of Ring 2 Doorbell I would like to have additional feedback in motion sensor notifications that indicate one or more additional gradations of motion activity.

The sensor likely triggers a Notification when sensed activity crosses some threshold.  Reducing sensitivy effectively increases the threshold value before a notification is triggered.  What would be extremely valuable and NOT hard to implement would be Levels of Notification; a second and maybe third tier of notice.  Presumably a person dancing a jig in from of the camera (or grabbing a box of the porch) creates a high sensor response than a squirrel 20 feet away.

I would like to have all sensed activity recorded but I would like more significant events to trigger maybe a different notification; such that a user could configure a Notification bell to be subtle for Level1, a louder chime at Level2, and even louder at level3 such as would be triggered only by a large mass (a human) moving up to the porch.

Then I could sleep through the Fall when leaves are dropping and triggering alerts every 20 mins.  Thank you.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

No puedo usar camara
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Scheduled motion "recording" for door view/peephole cam

There's the ability to schedule when you don't want motion alerts, but if there is another option to disable the actual motion recording, then it'd help safe battery life and/or to improve privacy for neighbours (that lives right across from you, like 3 feet away). For example:

Toggle on/off for motion alert
--> if on, allow to schedule when you don't want alert
Toggal on/off for motion recording
--> if on, allow to schedule when you don't want recording

A nice to have is ability to allow scheduled recording in general (motion or on ring/knock). This would give maximum flexibility for the user.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Live view widget

Widget to launch live view of the doorbell cam. This allow the quickest launch of the camera.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring sirens not synced

Hi Ring,

I just purchased and installed the ring floodlight camera. Although it comes with a lot of great features, it doesn’t do one of the most basic features that I would expect giving the security ecosystem.

Is it possible to look into syncing the outside floodlight siren with the base station of the security system when it is activated? I believe when the ring security system goes into alarm, all devices with a siren should activate. It doesn’t make sense to have to manually activate the siren whenever there is an event.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Unless you are on your cellphone you will not even see the zone buttons.  That really sucks and it sucks even more that it is not mentioned in ANY of the literature.  I use Windows 10, latest release and a Iphone 8 plus.  It always worked before ring started messing with the Ring App