Doorbells Feature Request

I don’t expect phone to ring but I expect chime to ring as door bell and chime both are on same Wifi network. Internet down and you don’t know if someone is at door!

Setting holiday rings would be great! Its Christmas time so DECK THE HALLS might even put a smile on the Postal, UPS, FEDEX and other delivery drivers’ faces.

1 Like

I would like to have reliable and fast live view. Now it takes about 10 seconds to connect for live view and it also fails from time to time. Using the rapid ring app doesn’t change anything. Rssi via - 48 (unifi ac lr accesspoint is 2 meter away from ring). The ring is hard wired to a power supply. It feels like the ring goes to sleep and has a hard time to wake up. But because it is hard wired it doesn’t have to sleep imo.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if someone has already suggested this but… Bandwidth issues come up quite a lot, for the Doorbell 2 it would be handy if it could be switched to use 720p like the original Doorbell and use less bandwidth, if only to determine if that makes it more reliable etc.

Hi, I would really like the motion detection to have a setting to alert you only if a person is seen by the cam… have motion alerts sends me notifications every 10 mins as it picks up everything so it has to be turned off for me, but if you could have a setting that recognised a person / face (same as my Hive) then I could have this alert me. It would be really useful and a great intruder deterrent.

3 Likes

Request is to detect motion when anything/human coming towards the bell.

I noticed videos shared by neighbors and tested myself, human motion detection happens when someone is moving away from door. It means, ring door bell not able to show clear face of someone who just stole the package. It is interesting that it detects a moving car @ 25mph on the street but not able to detect a person coming towards the door …

3 Likes

i wish the doorbell camera will continue recording if theres motion. why does it stop affter 30 seconds. i have the video doorbell 2 its wired and has a battery.

I know thousands of people have requested this across reddit, fb, and other comment sections and forums, and I don’t know why Ring doesn’t care, but having manual control over night vision would greatly improve this device. I purchased my Ring Video Doorbell 2 primarily for night time use. With my porch light, the video quality is great if I trick the sensor with a laser pointer into thinking it’s daylight (turning off night vision). However with the infrared night vision enabled, the video quality is horendous and absolutely useless for identifying anyone. Does Ring have a response to this?

I am a developer and know this could be done with a VERY simple firmware update.

I also know thousands of Ring customers “neighbors” would like this manual feature.

And I also know Ring has been entirely unresponsive on this front.

3 Likes

Add PROPER two factor authentication, using an app like Auth, Google Authenticator, etc. SMS two factor is not good enough.

3 Likes

Add the ability for the user to “Implement” a Firmware upgrade. I have 2 Ring Pros and of course both are at different Firmware levels. The user needs the option to Stay Current. You can see the Firmware level and tell if it is current but a user needs too be able to update and also to see the “fixes” available adn Firmware levels available.

Thanks

2 Likes

Agreed - it is too easy to get a carrier to issue a SIM card to the wrong person, and now they are getting your SMS two factor code.

If someone wants to go to that extreme, they’ll get it someway. Who’s going to go and do that? If your that concerned, you’d be better off with a closed system than Ring.

Number of mechanical bell rings > 1

Would be nice if Video Doorbell Pro can ring the mechanical chime a customizable number of times with a single push of the door bell button. Currently, a single ding-dong is insufficient.

1 Like

If not mentioned already, integrate the functionality of the Rapid Ring App (quick Live View) into the mainstream Ring App, so that everything can be under one umbrella.

4 Likes
  1. Doorbell pro holiday or other face plates.
  2. Tone variety on the doorbell itself. ie you push the doorbell and a Metallica MIDI file plays. Or deck the halls for the holiday. You could clean up selling each Tone for a dollar!
2 Likes

Because my visitors don’t hear a chime when they push my Ring Doorbell 2, they don’t think it works. So, they end up knocking on my door instead. That means I sometimes miss visitors or deliveries when I’m in the back of my house. It would be very helpful if you were to add this feature. Thanks.

I agree! I would love to have Christmas music playing outside right now. The built in tone is annoying

I agree. I would like the home’s built in chime to be quiet when I have my ring chimes silenced or just when I dont want to hear it.

Hi I am a new owner of a video doorbell.

I am unable to connect to the internet.

Ring net does not appear on available wifi nets.

my wifi may be weak, but I dont know how to improve it.

I get alerts that connection to server is lost.

I have received some advice re these problems, but I have lost the thread

I think it would make sense to enable a doorbell press sound from the keypad. Most keypads are centerally located. We shouldn’t have to buy a chime, or chime pro to hear the doorbell. The keypad can play other chirps - why not play doobell press?

2 Likes