Doorbells Feature Request

In the Ring App I’m not able to load my live feed. I had to download a 2nd app to have this happen. I shouldn’t have to have two apps just to see what is going on. If there was an emergency I wouldn’t have known without reading blogs on this 2nd app I had to download. Is there anyway to update the original app to do all the correct functions where a 2nd app isn’t necessary?

1 Like

There is one main app called Ring.
There is a new one for quick views called Rapid Ring that mainly opens views quicker. You only need the Ring app

2 Likes

My camera records video throughout the day and night. It would be useful to be able to filter to the app to show only videos for a specific time period e.g. 12am to 8am, to check if anyone had tried the door ring the night.

2 Likes

It appears that when a Smart Lighting motion sensor is linked to the doorbell 2, the doorbell
or possibly the Ring server will not respond to the doorbell button being pressed while the doorbell is recording video in response to motion being detected by the linked motion sensor.

My request is that when the doorbell button is pressed, the video recording due to the linked motion sensor be immediately stopped and the Ring system respond as it should when the button is pushed. Thanks

In public there is no expectation of privacy. So recording shouldn’t be a problem.

My request is that you revert to the old firmware so that I don’t get false motion notifications all day.

Jennifer,

Thank you for asking for user feedback. My first Ring purchase was the peephole doorbell camera. This prompted me to purchase the Ring alarm. When visitors come to my home, they do not know where the doorbell button is. Since there is a light around the button, why could it not glow white to signify to visitors that this is the doorbell. I understand it will impact battery life, and i’m happy to charge it a bit more frequently if it meant that I get useage of the peephole doorbell.

So I’ve been a happy Skybell owner for a few years now, I chose them because I didn’t need to pay for a monthly plan. Since then, I’ve been moving into the Amazon Echo ecosystem, and I figure that one of these days I’ll switch to a Ring – I’m pretty impressed with your product, as I’ve helped a few friends set up theirs.

There’s one feature I’m waiting for. I want Alexa to answer the door.

I’m not talking about asking Alexa to answer the door. I want her to speak through the Ring when the button is pressed. “Hello, I’m Alexa. Who are you here to see?” "OK, I’ll let Bob know you’re here.
Alexa, I’m sure, is smart enough to sort out unwanted solicitors too.

You make that happen, and I’ll buy one tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just make them work reliably… That would be a start

1 Like

I just got the Ring Doorbell 2 bundled with the Echo Show 5. I guess because they were being sold together I assumed they would have better intergration.

I would love it if when someone rang the doorbell the Echo show would just automatically show the video feed. having to ask it to show it and then wait for it to access ring is kind of a pain in the butt.

thanks!

4 Likes

88 replies. I’m sure it’s been suggested already but

Here goes

I would love to see a micro SD slot for local cache capacity could determine amount of video stored

Thieves are smart and jamming Wifi is easy. Local SD card for cache would help fill that gap. Cache all video to SD first then sync to cloud. Might even help with battery life, wifi radios are power hogs.

My DLSR camera can record hours of 4K video to my sdCARDS. Just a suggestion

3 Likes

Hi Jenn,

Is there any way of linking doorbells? I have a solar stick up cam and doorbell setup on my back terrace, but no way to hear when someone rings my front door. Any way to have the back Camera and/or doorbell chime with a distinct tone when someone’s at the front door?

Easy toggle for Disabling Your In-Home Doorbell Chime on Ring Pro

We love the ability to disable the in-home doorbell chime, especially when baby is sleeping. However it would be great to have the ability to easily toggle this on/off from the main screen or somewhere accessible, rather than digging through the settings

1 Like

If the app supports Siri integration, you can make a Siri shortcut to got straight to live view.

Hi,

Read through most of these and didn’t seem to find this feature requested. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.

Love the Ring products have both the security system and doorbell pro.

I would like to request that notifications contain a screenshot or picture when motion is detected on the doorbell cameras. It takes way too long to load up the app and wait for the live view to load. Most of the time the person is gone before the live view loads. At which point I have to view the history which also takes time for it to upload to cloud before being able to view. Have to constatly hit refresh for a couple minutes.

3 Likes

I installed my Ring pro horizontally and the app is not optimized for that.

No, the instructions come with a level that it can only be mounted vertically.

Yes I know, but uch a feature would be nice and probably not very difficult to implement… I don’t see any obvious reason why this should not be possible.
I mounted mine horizontally and the only thing that is bothering me is that the picture is shifted to 90 degree… Which should not be hard to fix…
At the end I substituted my old doorbell, which was installed horizontally… My new ring doorbell covers the hole left from the old one…
I bet a lot of people (especially in Europe) have this problem. Here the doorbells are horizontal!!

This might be posted already so I apologize. I would really like the live view from my doorbell to instantly pop up on my phone when the motion sensor activates or the doorbell rings, instead of having to go through all the steps to get to the live view. Thanks.

@NorthernRing wrote:

This might be posted already so I apologize. I would really like the live view from my doorbell to instantly pop up on my phone when the motion sensor activates or the doorbell rings, instead of having to go through all the steps to get to the live view. Thanks.

It used to do this, does not appear to anymore, well, not on my tablets anyway, i do believe it still does on my phone for doorbel rings, its under Notification Preferences, In-App notifications, the wording is terrible though, and if you can figure out if on or off applies to showing the live view automatically, please let me know :wink: