Doorbells Feature Request

@JonS wrote:

What would be nice to see is a small box that simply has a set of relay contacts (Common, Normally Open, Normally Closed) such that the relay is activated when the Ring Pro button is pressed. This box could either go inline with the video doorbell, or it could be stand alone and simply paired to the video doorbell. This way I could wire up the COM/NO relay contacts in parallel with the existing KSU push button to have the existing KSU ring the phones when someone hits the button on the Ring Pro.

Hi all.

Just a quick update… I bought a couple 24 VAC (SPDT) relays and wired them in series with my Ring Pro doorbell (well, the relays are wired in parallel with each other, then that “relay pack” is wired in series with the Ring doorbell). Using the app on my phone, I then set the “Doorbell Type” to “Mechanical” (with a 2 second duration), and lo and behold, now when the button the Ring Pro is pushed, the relays kick in for 2 seconds.

That solved this problem – I wired the COM/NO contacts from one relay across the doorbell button contacts of my existing doorbell system (Panasonic KSU), and I’m planning on using the COM/NO contacts from the second relay as inputs to my home automation system (i.e., inputs to an ESP8266).

Thanks to the Ring support team for pointing me to the 24 VAC relays. They work great. :slight_smile: