Doorbells Feature Request

Yeah, that sounds great.

I’d love to see the ability to configure the rotation of a doorbell! One of my doorbells fits much better at a 90 degree angle and I’d love to be able to configure it to show the video at the correct orientation.

Also, I’d love a setting to keep the video on my phone in the orientation that I have my phone set to.

2 Likes

Second this request. This feature feels like a no-brainer. I was surprised to see that we couldn’t change the tone played by the outdoor bell itself.

3 Likes

It would be good if we had a feature to create an announcement to play when a caller pressed the doorbell, this would hopefully keep the caller there patiently waiting while we connect in to chat to them (if we are out of the house), and would help where we have slow/busy connections to our phones.

A pre-set or recorded message such as “Hello, please wait a few moments while we come to the door, if we are not at home we will speak to you over the intercom, just be a moment”

Steve

3 Likes

I would really love to have the feature that when the doorbell is ringed, Amazon Echo Show can display the view directly, rather than me asking Alexa to show me the image.

5 Likes

@spot wrote:

It would be good if we had a feature to create an announcement to play when a caller pressed the doorbell, this would hopefully keep the caller there patiently waiting while we connect in to chat to them (if we are out of the house), and would help where we have slow/busy connections to our phones.

A pre-set or recorded message such as “Hello, please wait a few moments while we come to the door, if we are not at home we will speak to you over the intercom, just be a moment”

Steve

I am so onboard with this idea. For whatever reason, it can take up to 30 seconds for my phone to connect to the doorbell, etc, so it’s not uncommon that people have already walked away.

Please give serious consideration to adding this feature. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It would be nice to have an option to see what exactly triggered the motion sensor, i.e. “Motion Tagging” with a green box outlining what triggered the sensor or something.

I am often left wondering what exactly triggered the sensor, and subsequently how I need to adjust the sensitivity or move objects that are constantly triggering the sensor.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I have problems when on cell networks that aren’t in the city.

Since the video goes to the servers before my phone, i would love if you allow us to set lower quality video viewing from our cell network. I have alot of locations where i am unable to connect due to slower speeds. I get the notification but it fails to connect. My other apps work fine, but you don’t always need hd video to see who is at your door. Maybe you need to work on buffering, since youtube videos work.

1 Like

Try the Rapid Ring app. It loads faster and only has cam views, also alerts.

6 Likes

I’d like to see the Ring Motion sensor and Button be compatible with Lutron Caseta.

When the Ring detects motion it would turn on lights connected to the Caseta system of dimmers.

I have it working though a Routine in the Alexa app.

Because I have Lutron Caseta Dimmers and Amazon Echo/Alexa, I was able to use the Alexa app to make this work:

1. When someone pushes the front door bell, living room lights turn on.

2. When the back door bell detects motion, office lights turn on.

It would be much simplier to have “Works With” Caseta in the Ring app

1 Like

It would be great if there were separate volume controls for the chime sound and speech coming from the doorbell. When there is a ring chime indoors, the the chime sound from the doorbell outside doesn’t need to be so loud that it can be heard half a block away.

Yes the chime volume can be reduced, but then speech coming from the doorbell is essentially inaudible. My experience is with the doorbell 2.

2 Likes

Thanks i installed it and it does load much faster. I will try it when i am in worse coverage to see if it helps with my problem.

3 Likes

If you have a Android phone, there was a new update this morning. Doesn’t say what it does but fix bugs. Hopefully the app helps all around.

2 Likes

Makes a lot of sense. There is too much delay trying to connect live…

This seems obvious. It can take a while to connect to live view. You would have thought Ring could have figured it out. Great point on your post…

How about an feature where if there is no internet connection but the home network is available the products still work via LAN?

If my internet connection goes down due to provider issues, my Doorbell no longer rings to the Chime nor my phone. The home network is still funcitoning and the devices can still talk to eachother, but nothing works.

5 Likes

There is to some effect but its only on the Elite, that works using poe, no other db can or will i wouldnt have thought, it would be to expensive like the Elite

Hello!

I would like to be able to have the option of the app automatically open and show the live view when then doorbell button is pressed.

5 Likes

It already does, go to ring settings/device settings, notification settings, notification preferences, and turn on IN-App Notifications

2 Likes

@Bashy, thanks for the response. Not sure why it isn’t available for any DB given they all connect to the network in order to get to the web. So it should not be too difficult to make them talk together over LAN/WiFi when internet is down but local network is available.

Chime and Chime Pro, minimally, should be able to interact with other ring products over local network as there is no driving reason for cloud access with those products.

Ring products are expensive bricks when there is no internet, which is problematic and unnecessary.

2 Likes