Doorbells Feature Request

I would love to see a feature in which I could set a timer to disable motion detections after the first detection. For example, I come in and out of my front door frequently for things like taking the dog out, taking out the trash, etc. As a result, I’ll get several notifications of motion. It would be great to have a feature by which I could snooze alerts for a certain time frame after detection - even 1-5 minutes would do the trick!

1 Like

Good Day,

Since I don’t see a pinned thread in Accessories, I guess this is the next best place.

I purchased a Doorbell Pro for both the front and rear entrances to our home. Because there is also a senior citizen who resides here, I installed a couple of Chime Pro modules for strategic placement in the house. Much to my surprise, I can link each doorbell to a single chime, but there is no way to have the front door play a different chime than the back. As a result, I’ve had to double the number of Chime modules as a workaround. Unfortunately, I’m at the point of needing to install additional power outlets, or unsightly power bars to accomodate them. I really don’t care about hearing a chime whenever motion is detected, so even if the motion detected chime can be reconfigured to a second doorbell, I’d be thrilled. The original plan was to have announcements made over our Echo devices since there is one in virtually every room, but to have the alert volume loud enough for my mom to hear deafens us anytime other alerts or audio is played over the Echo.

4 Likes

With my Ring Doorbell Pro I would like to get motion alerts from only one motion zone and not get alerts from the other.

2 Likes

I have a ring doorbell, floodlight cam and battery powered floodlight. They cover my front door, driveway and backyard.
The feature I would like to request is the ability to swipe between the cameras in the app instead of having to “switch” between the different feeds. I am asking for this to be able to “follow” unfolding situations/alerts. I am considering adding one to two more cameras and believe this feature would further enhance my ability to know what is happening on my property.
Thank you for this consideration.
Jerry Eckert

1 Like

In line with the ability to see between cameras to follow an event I would like the ability to have multiple cameras up at a time so they play simultaneously. This allows you to watch an event unfold with all appropriate views.

1 Like

I have peephole cams and contact sensors on my entry doors. One of the doors is often left open when weather permits. If I’m in that room (it’s the kitchen so I’m in there a lot) I’m constantly setting off the motion detection.

Two things could make this work much better:

1. Link the peephole cam to the contact sensor. If the alarm is off and the door is open disable motion detection on the linked peephole cam.

2. I snooze the motion detection notifications on my phone which is okay (point 1 would be better in my opinion), but the Chime Pro still goes off every time I trigger the motion detection. If I snooze the motion detection notifications snooze them system-wide: my phone, the Chime, and wherever else.

I use a Ring Pro and have Amazon Echo. When the doorbell rings I ask Alexa to show me the front door. After several seconds delay, I eventually see the doorbell view. It works, but takes way too long. There should be an option for the doorbell cam to automatically open the camera view so I don’t have to tell Alexa to do it, then wait for Alexa to perform the action. The doorbell rings through Amazon Echo, please add the option to connect to the camera automatically on motion or button press.

8 Likes

Since the doorbell camera display requires connecting via slow Echo Show or a Ring App on a phone that may or may not be readily available, I often need to repond to the front door without knowing who is on the other side. The Peephole cam is interesting, but would be much better if there was a viewable screen so you don’t have to mash your face into the door to look through the tiny hole. It is not convenient for children to view. I’m tempted to buy the Brinno Duo (https://www.brinno.com/smart-peephole-doorcam/brinno-duo) which does what I want, but it would be great to use a Ring device if you had one that did the same thing with a real viewer. Also, my door is 2.25" thick; what is the maximum door thickness supported by the Ring Peephole Cam?

1 Like

This is a good idea and not the1st time ive read this either, see it a fair bit on the FB groups, i can see one issue though, and that is that Amazon Skills need to be invoked by the user, having the Live View automatically show i think wouldneed to be sorted by Amazon, ie built into the firmware of the Show’s. There may be a way around this for the time being but its not ideal, get yourself a cheapo dot, 1st gen will do. Create a routine, If doorbell pressed, say, Alexa, show the front door, and choose the dot that you want her to respond from. The place that dot next to the Show where you want the Live View to automatically show. Like i said, its not ideal for a few reasons but unless Amazon have recently prevented Her from hearing her own voice from another unit next to Her then it should still work, this is how folks manage to invoke a skill in a routine :slight_smile:

We have two ring Doorbell Pro cameras and a three Chime module spread about the house. When the doorbell is pressed we hear sound from the Chime modules, our phones, and the outside doorbell that was pressed. I can change the tones the Chime modules make, that my phone makes, but not the sound of the outside doorbell. I would think that it would be a nice feature to be able to change the doorbell sound, too. Especially at times of the year like this when I would change to a Halloween related sound. Is there any activity to be able to do that?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi,
I have enjoyed my ring doorbell since I got it.
I think I might notice the amount of data I use because I am on Xplorenet Satelite internet in Canada BC. For those that get a cap on their internet, or can’t schedule their motion because they don’t know when they are coming or going (I get alerted all the time on low notification setting).

Feature Request:
Would it be cool to have a keychain (fob) maybe 2 or 3 of them that can (when in range) turn the system off if you register them on the system?
So if I leave for work, and my wife and kids are still at home with their keys on the wall, the ring camera won’t alert my phone until they leave.
(The system won’t activate until the fob is out of range).

Maybe you want to record video when your family is home, then you don’t need to purchase the fob, or change the settings for what happens when fob 1, fob 2, fob 3 are within range or not.

2 Likes

Please provide more/better options for two factor authentication. Google Authenticator, Duo-Moblie, Yubi-keys, etc.

3 Likes

I would like to change the sound the doorbell makes outside - not the sound on the phone app or the chime unit.

23 Likes

I second this, and anything you choose upto a certain size, would love to use a prerecorded message but i think thats going a tad too far :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was just going on here to say the same, especially with the Halloween and Adamms Family rings for trick or treat, and other holiday sounds already integrated for Chime, should be fairly easy to do.

8 Likes

Can Ring create a Google Chrome Extension to send Notifications when Chrome Browser is open? This would be useful for people whoe work in building that dont have good cell reception/no guest wifi.

4 Likes

@HumanPretzel wrote:

Can Ring create a Google Chrome Extension to send Notifications when Chrome Browser is open? This would be useful for people whoe work in building that dont have good cell reception/no guest wifi.

Great idea. I second this idea. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree, we need to know if there is charging going in, not just a percentage of what the charge is. Good point!

2 Likes

Proposed feature
-Save battery life
-Reduce notifications
-Reduce internet data usage (some have limit, and it is both home wifi and cellular data combined).

Edit: user “mydogismychime” made my idea better:
This is done with your phone.
Multiple people on the system using geofencing with their phones. When everyone is gone, the security kicks in.
“Settings” allow you to turn the security on when 1 person, or both members are gone from the house at a certain distance.

1 Like

You don’t need a keychain. This is called geofencing, and most devices that support it just use your phone as the “keychain”. My thermostat does it to get my house to my ideal temperature when I get close so it can save energy while I’m gone. Good idea though, that would be a great feature for Ring.

2 Likes