Doorbells Feature Request

I have my doorbell setup to capture video and alert me whenever motion is detected. As you can imagine, I receive alerts several times a day but typically ignore them and review saved video if/when needed.

A very useful feature that would, in my opinion, increase the capability/functionality and value of the Ring product is to have different alerts available with each motion zone. As an example, I could setup a zone like I have now, which would pickup pretty much anything. I would typically ignore those alerts and review saved footage when necessary. But I could also setup a zone for only my porch and a different alert from my larger area. If motion is detected from this zone I would receive a different alert (getting my attention) which might prompt viewing of live footage. It would also be useful for users as a more precise zone and different alert could be used to differentiate from a car driving by vs. an actual package delivery, etc. The user would then know the package was delivered and retrieve it since Ring confirmed that activity occurred within a more precise zone.

In addition to what I have described above, another enhancement would be for the custom zones/alerts to be able to be labeled. Whereas a zone like we have today (covering a very large area) might continue to appear as it does today, a more presice zone/alert would not only have a custom alert on the user’s phone, but also display a custom message using the zone name (ie: “There is motion on your Front Porch”) vs. simply using the Ring device name.

Thanks!

2 Likes