Doorbells Feature Request

Is there a reason why I still have Halloween and Christmas tones still on my ring app on my iPhone 11

Download the other ring app. It’s called Rapid Ring. By Jesus that’s fast at loading maybe 1to2 seconds at most. Also make sure you have the permissions set to open so the app loads faster.

As a user of Ring 2 Doorbell I would like to have additional feedback in motion sensor notifications that indicate one or more additional gradations of motion activity.

The sensor likely triggers a Notification when sensed activity crosses some threshold. Reducing sensitivy effectively increases the threshold value before a notification is triggered. What would be extremely valuable and NOT hard to implement would be Levels of Notification; a second and maybe third tier of notice. Presumably a person dancing a jig in from of the camera (or grabbing a box of the porch) creates a high sensor response than a squirrel 20 feet away.

I would like to have all sensed activity recorded but I would like more significant events to trigger maybe a different notification; such that a user could configure a Notification bell to be subtle for Level1, a louder chime at Level2, and even louder at level3 such as would be triggered only by a large mass (a human) moving up to the porch.

Then I could sleep through the Fall when leaves are dropping and triggering alerts every 20 mins. Thank you.

1 Like

No puedo usar camara

There’s the ability to schedule when you don’t want motion alerts, but if there is another option to disable the actual motion recording, then it’d help safe battery life and/or to improve privacy for neighbours (that lives right across from you, like 3 feet away). For example:

Toggle on/off for motion alert
–> if on, allow to schedule when you don’t want alert
Toggal on/off for motion recording
–> if on, allow to schedule when you don’t want recording

A nice to have is ability to allow scheduled recording in general (motion or on ring/knock). This would give maximum flexibility for the user.

1 Like

Widget to launch live view of the doorbell cam. This allow the quickest launch of the camera.

1 Like

Hi Ring,

I just purchased and installed the ring floodlight camera. Although it comes with a lot of great features, it doesn’t do one of the most basic features that I would expect giving the security ecosystem.

Is it possible to look into syncing the outside floodlight siren with the base station of the security system when it is activated? I believe when the ring security system goes into alarm, all devices with a siren should activate. It doesn’t make sense to have to manually activate the siren whenever there is an event.

Unless you are on your cellphone you will not even see the zone buttons. That really sucks and it sucks even more that it is not mentioned in ANY of the literature. I use Windows 10, latest release and a Iphone 8 plus. It always worked before ring started messing with the Ring App

When there is no internet detected by the doorbell it should be an option that is says out of order to the person at the door and suggests they knock. Otherwise they press the button and no one hears when our internet is down. Then they walk away.

1 Like

This is the advantage of having an old fashioned doorbell connected to the ring

Low Battery alert setting based on battery level.

One of the things that has irked me with the Ring doorbell, is when you try to go to Live View and get the message that Live View has been disabled due to low battery. It would be nice to be alerted when the battery gets to a level just above the point where Live view is going to be disabled.

So if Live View is disabeld when the battery reaches 5%, then tell me at 10% that battery is getting low. Or let me choose the Batery Low alert level so I don’t lose my Live View feature.

2 Likes

A Manual Firmware Update, something we can push manually to update devices since the auto update feature never bloody works.

2 Likes

I found how to turn off video notification on a schedule, but I need to turn off video on a schedule. Right now setting it to 4 hours of sleep 2-3 times a day is very frustrating.

Roll back the latest firmware so my hardwired doorbell stops draining the battery

2 Likes

Most of the time I am in a situation where I would like to be able to interact with the person at the door like a phone call, ie no video, or a quick look at the video, and then put the phone to my ear and have the phone go into phone audio mode.

Can this be put into the feature requests list.

I just installed my Peephole Camera. We have a brass door knob. Instead of removing it I installed the Camera upside down. I hope the software can be updated to provide the same settings the indoor cams offer so the camera orientation can be adjusted???

1 Like

I have my doorbell setup to capture video and alert me whenever motion is detected. As you can imagine, I receive alerts several times a day but typically ignore them and review saved video if/when needed.

A very useful feature that would, in my opinion, increase the capability/functionality and value of the Ring product is to have different alerts available with each motion zone. As an example, I could setup a zone like I have now, which would pickup pretty much anything. I would typically ignore those alerts and review saved footage when necessary. But I could also setup a zone for only my porch and a different alert from my larger area. If motion is detected from this zone I would receive a different alert (getting my attention) which might prompt viewing of live footage. It would also be useful for users as a more precise zone and different alert could be used to differentiate from a car driving by vs. an actual package delivery, etc. The user would then know the package was delivered and retrieve it since Ring confirmed that activity occurred within a more precise zone.

In addition to what I have described above, another enhancement would be for the custom zones/alerts to be able to be labeled. Whereas a zone like we have today (covering a very large area) might continue to appear as it does today, a more presice zone/alert would not only have a custom alert on the user’s phone, but also display a custom message using the zone name (ie: “There is motion on your Front Porch”) vs. simply using the Ring device name.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to see the 5-10 seconds or so of video right BEFORE an event happens to trigger the motion or doorbell recording. Is there a way to configure this with a Ring doorbell ?? I’ve seen other video/doorbell products you can do this with.

When answering the doorbell from locations where I am not connected to wifi or have a poor connection, the audio suffers and many times I just have the person call me to talk instead of using the ring. When I have already answered the doorbell request, I don’t really need video, as the audio is now the most important part. I think that it would be nice to switch into an audio only mode so that it would be much easier to talk to the person because of a lower bandwidth of data transfer. Perhaps, you could continue video, but at a lower resolution or lower update speed, just so that the audio is the main focus. The user could toggle between the normal video-centric mode and the audio-centric mode based on their need

Thank you for fixing the (motion toggle radio button).

I think your customer team/ tech team should have more presents on community forum.

However lets try to fix the rest of problems with Door view cam.

1- Could we have more flexible on customising the motion zone, like Floodlight cam, with points rather than slide button

2- At the moment when some one enters on my drive, I don’t get notification until they have left the zone, which makes this facilities useless. there is huge time lag…

3- The knocking facilities never worked for me, either too sensitive or not detection al all, so from day one I have disabled that. To be honest I don’t think any is not that useful sine we have the door bell.

4- recalling videos just been recorded takes roughly about two minutes, which is not acceptable.

All above are software related problems, I was wondering id you consider if you should improve on quality of your tech team.