Doorbells Feature Request

Please allow people only mode to record all motion but only notify for people for hardwired cameras (pro doorbell and floodlight), so in effect it works like the battery powered version.

This way I can check footage to see what my cat has been up to without getting constant notifications about it. If I enable peole only mode no footage will be recorded but I want the footage just no notifications.

As you know, video replay of the most recent motion detected by the doorbell takes quite a while to process before we can see it. The result is that we hear the alert “motion detected at your front door” but, by the time we can review what’s going on, it’s long gone.

To solve this, store a small buffer of snapshots - just jpegs - that record only the most recent few seconds. When “motion detected” occurs, display one or more of these images so we don’t have to wait for your site to build us a .mpeg file. A rapid auto-scroll through these images would make an acceptable pseudo-movie.

The buffer would cycle such that you’re only storing the last five or ten seconds. Storage requirements would be modest. Encoding .jpegs is fast, and if image quality is kept low, file size could be kept down to ensure rapid transmission.

Please change record length to equal actual motion sensing length. Have user settable to stop recording after x seconds of no motion detected.

eg. if it takes 2 min to come up driveway and person to get out of car walk up to door then record 2 min. If it takes 20 sec to drive up and person talks on phone for 30 sec and then gets out then record 20sec. Then new recording upon new motion for 30 sec.

How do you activate siren speaker on ring doorbell ?

I don’t want or need a video doorbell. I just need a wireless doorbell that the base can ding when pressed. My home has never had a doorbell and the wireless ones at the store do not connect to ring.

Hi guys.

I think the ability to fine tune the max distance you can set the detection range without picking up vehicles would be a good idea.

You can then set it at a level whereas you don’t detect vehicles passing by, but you do pick up regular motion of people.

So a visible percentage scale would go from say 1% to 100% when you slide the blue detection area and it would not notify me of vehicles if set at 75%, but if set to 76% then it would then detect vehicles also. I’m trying to maximise motion detection of people, but reduce the vehicle capture. I’m currently using something in the picture to reference against i.e. the top of a tree in the distance, or the top of somebodys house. It would be easier to have a scale to refer too.

Many thanks.!

Mine chimes at the doorbell.

If you goto doorbell in the app > device settings > General settings

You can adjust the volume of the outside doorbell so the visitor knows it has rung.

Hope this helps.

Rob

1 Like

Please add the ability to turn off night mode.

My Doorbell Pro sits in the corner next to a wall because there is no other place to put the doorbell. At night, the IR turns on and will illuminate the wall which drowns out the rest of the picture. The doorbell is useless at night if I can’t see past the first 2 feet. If I cover up the IR with electrical tape (which is a generic forum solution), then the picture becomes clear and I can see all the way down the street. Why would I place tape on a $250 device? This is unacceptable. Many people also complain that the device may overheat with the tape over the IR.

Please add a feature to disable night mode, or at least give the option to configure the IR (Off, On, Auto, etc.). The picture is perfect until the IR turns on. To me (and hopefully to Ring), this is a huge security issue. What good is a camera if it can’t see.

Dwain posted a similar suggestion, but I require it for a different need:

At the moment there is no way to select video/audio quality (going from the ring to your phone) Dwain pointed out this can be an issue due to your phone plan, but for me I have a very slow internet connection at the network the device is connected to (with no way to upgrade)
Meaning speach going to the doorbell is received well (and alerts on the phone are instantanious) but the incoming video is VERY delayed, and the audio is very distorted AND delayed.
Making it really only a 1-way form of communication.

At the moment using a Ring 2 because it has a 720P camera and a 1080P from the Pro would make things even worse.

This option would be a must to be able to have customers that don’t want to or can’t upgrade internet plans (at home or for their phone) just to use the doorbell. I also have no need to view in 720P and having the ability to either lower the quality manually (480P) or disable the video feed all together would actually make it usable like intended. Or an auutomatic option where you could pick prioritize performance / quality.

At the moment hesitating to finding a different solution that supports lower quality video feeds to help make the connection performance usable.

Weirdly enough my dad and I own the exact same phone (iPhone 8S) while he is on the newer iOS I am still on the older (ios 12) for me the app loads within 5-10 seconds for him it’s upwards of 20-30 seconds as well!
It seems like a bug maybe in the app itself, or atleast hasn’t been optimized for the newer ios…
As I always like to say… if it ain’t broke… So I’ll be sticking around ios 12 for now

Jennifer:

Somewhat related to the inquiry from “TheCarsForever”, could there alos be an ability for the Video Doorbell 2 unit to mirror the chime tome chosen on the interconnected Ring Chime Pro unit? I havethe “Westminster” chime chosen for (2) Chime Pros in the house, but the visitor hears only the tinny, sub-standard tone at the physical doorbell location. Can you synch the two when the Doorbell 2 is on the Chime Pro network? Thanks!

Is there a reason why I still have Halloween and Christmas tones still on my ring app on my iPhone 11

Download the other ring app. It’s called Rapid Ring. By Jesus that’s fast at loading maybe 1to2 seconds at most. Also make sure you have the permissions set to open so the app loads faster.

As a user of Ring 2 Doorbell I would like to have additional feedback in motion sensor notifications that indicate one or more additional gradations of motion activity.

The sensor likely triggers a Notification when sensed activity crosses some threshold. Reducing sensitivy effectively increases the threshold value before a notification is triggered. What would be extremely valuable and NOT hard to implement would be Levels of Notification; a second and maybe third tier of notice. Presumably a person dancing a jig in from of the camera (or grabbing a box of the porch) creates a high sensor response than a squirrel 20 feet away.

I would like to have all sensed activity recorded but I would like more significant events to trigger maybe a different notification; such that a user could configure a Notification bell to be subtle for Level1, a louder chime at Level2, and even louder at level3 such as would be triggered only by a large mass (a human) moving up to the porch.

Then I could sleep through the Fall when leaves are dropping and triggering alerts every 20 mins. Thank you.

1 Like

No puedo usar camara

There’s the ability to schedule when you don’t want motion alerts, but if there is another option to disable the actual motion recording, then it’d help safe battery life and/or to improve privacy for neighbours (that lives right across from you, like 3 feet away). For example:

Toggle on/off for motion alert
–> if on, allow to schedule when you don’t want alert
Toggal on/off for motion recording
–> if on, allow to schedule when you don’t want recording

A nice to have is ability to allow scheduled recording in general (motion or on ring/knock). This would give maximum flexibility for the user.

1 Like

Widget to launch live view of the doorbell cam. This allow the quickest launch of the camera.

1 Like

Hi Ring,

I just purchased and installed the ring floodlight camera. Although it comes with a lot of great features, it doesn’t do one of the most basic features that I would expect giving the security ecosystem.

Is it possible to look into syncing the outside floodlight siren with the base station of the security system when it is activated? I believe when the ring security system goes into alarm, all devices with a siren should activate. It doesn’t make sense to have to manually activate the siren whenever there is an event.

Unless you are on your cellphone you will not even see the zone buttons. That really sucks and it sucks even more that it is not mentioned in ANY of the literature. I use Windows 10, latest release and a Iphone 8 plus. It always worked before ring started messing with the Ring App

When there is no internet detected by the doorbell it should be an option that is says out of order to the person at the door and suggests they knock. Otherwise they press the button and no one hears when our internet is down. Then they walk away.

1 Like