Doorbells Feature Request

Many good suggestions here for improvement of the Doorbell system and I have a few to add myself but for now I am asking for a fix in a feature without which I would never recommend the Ring system to anyone: Functional central control of doorbell motion alerts from a single phone or device that propogates to all devices linked to that doorbell. The idea is that why should my wife be receiving motion alerts on her phone while at work when I have come home and have snoozed the alerts on my phone because I will be in range of the doorbell and setting off the alerts for a time? This also holds true for setting timed alerts too.

We should not have to call up every Ring app on every phone, pad or digital assistant in order to have a central control over the motion alerts. That is just patently ridiculous. That is the antithesis of home automation if you ask me. I would never purchase a zoned HVAC system that required me to go into every room of my house in order change temperature settings. That is the purpose of a central control. Since everything we do on Ring is reliant on the internet (BTW, I endorse those asking for LAN backup control too) it seems the Ring app should be able to propogate the doorbell settings to others registered to that device.

I am frankly surprised that I didn’t find this fix request already in this thread as it seems central to the functionality of the whole Ring system.

2 Likes