Doorbells Feature Request

The live view feature needs to have a video quality setting that can be adjusted. For example I’m currently having an issue because I have a budget phone plan with Sprint and they limit video streaming to ‘DVD’ quality for the price I pay. Apparently behind the scenes they’re really just limiting any video stream to 1.5Mbps. Unfortunately streaming from my Ring Pro is considered the same as video streaming apps to come carriers so my live view will not connect.

It would be great if there was a way to select the quality of the live view. If I could select a lower quality I could still use live view with my cell carrier. Also I’d go a step further and recommend even a voice only option. Like if I was somewhere with pretty poor service I’d still like to be able to talk to someone at my doorbell even if I couldn’t see them in a pinch. So a drop down that had options like: Auto, 1080, 720, 480, audio only or similar would be very beneficial to a lot of people. Additionally it may help keep more customers as I nearly returned my Pro once I found out this was going to be an issue.

10 Likes