Doorbells Feature Request

My only complaint about the ring pro is that the button must be pressed VERY hard for it to work! If not then it iether does not respond at all or only the bell rings and not the Chime.

Is there any way to may the button easier to use, especially for children or elderly people?

Richard

1 Like

Can you please add an option in the Ring app to disable night vision? We have sufficient lighting and image would be much better if we could turn it off because so much of the IR light is hitting the wall directly next to the Ring, thus significantly drowning out the rest of the image.

This would be a great improvement.

Thanks
Robert

3 Likes

In addition to current doorbell sounds, would like a random set of dog barking to play from a speaker inside. Maybe controllable with an inside speaker that is connected to Ring Alarm. Given that thieves will be deterred if they think a dog is home, and that many thieves will ring the doorbell to make sure no one is home (giving some excuse like they’re lost if someone answers the door), I think this would be really effective at deterrance. Select a bunch of random audio files of dogs barking loudly. And then on top, we respond via the doorbell audio.

1 Like

I would like to have the ability to set times to automatically switch between the two motion zones I have set up. I have a day zone and a night zone.

3 Likes

Ow this idea is the perfect solution to many of the issues I face. I would really like the door beep to ring through the security system. This would negate the need to buy an additional ringer.

Please fix the issues that 5.21.00 broke:
No zoom on live view
No HDR video option

I read many improvements in the comments.
I’m impressed that I couldn’t find a connection with HC2.
These enhancements, which I read here, could be incorporated into this control unit … :frowning:
Possible pairing with home center Fibaro 2: heart:
Notification of the bell notifications, sending a command to the siren so that the bell can be heard throughout the house (be sure to keep the video bell on the phone !!)
, ip camera with possible recording directly in HC2 (when detecting motion), motion detection. Finally, a temperature sensor for measuring the outside temperature.

• Possibility to record you my music from phone = pc ! :))
    I am sure that if the camera did not record 24/7 but only movement, pressing the bell button.
    It would still be able to communicate via wifi.
    Now I have to have another device between the bell and HC2.
    It is a very ungrateful and quite flawed method.

And when I build a brand new device. :smiley:
So 100% have RJ45 So Internet and PoE at the same time! :))

I would bow down to my death. (if everything solves ONLY new firmware.: -O :smiley: (not including RJ45) :smiley:
Regards
Technical managet
Music TV Eye
Czech Republic

1 Like

Hello,

Little frustrated. After reading Ring was compatible with Google Home it appears that it is NOT. This childish asinine incompatibilty of these two companies (Ring i.e. Amazon) and Google is stupid. I received several Ring devices (two stick-up cams and Doorbell 2 and spare batteries for each) for Christmas from my kids and I have hooked them up only to find out Google Home cannot see them. They “used” to work, but since Amazon has purchased Ring they are now forcing you to Alexa. I have everything setup with Google. I’m now planning on taking back over $500 in devices and I’m going to purchase Google Nest products. It’s a lot of money they Amazon is pis^^ing away because of their childish antics. It’s ridiculous that Ring engineers are playing this game as well. Oh well I guess they will be happy falling behing because of Lock in. Lots and Lots of complaints out there on the web. What a major faux pas by Ring/Amazon. I’m very happy I dropped Prime … they are a mess. My recommendation - go by Google Nest Products, you have more open compatibility because Google allows Nest Products to work with Alexa.

A big one and potential loss of revenue. Have your engineers allow Ring products to work with Google Home. I have over $500 of Christmas gifts from my kids that will not work with my Google Home setup (kind of Childish IMO). But you know what Google Nest works with Alexa, I would think Ring was smart enough to do that same, but I guess not. Looks like I may be taking all of this back and getting Nest Products since they work.

I would love the Ring app at work, but may company app store is very limited. Am I able to download the app from elsewhere?

Cheers… Sly

It would be really nice to get:

• the app calling the phone when someone press the doorbell instead of a notification like the new Arlo video doorbell has.

• the name of the zone when motion is detected in that zone.

• Apple homekit support

1 Like

I totally agree about having it call. I had the Arlo audio doorbell briefly and loved that feature when it worked, which was rare and why I ended up with Ring. The way the Ring notifies has been one of my few disappointments and while I can manage with it as is this would be a huge improvement.

Like others have posted, I think it would be great to have the ability to have the app (or something) automatically open when the doorbell is pressed.

However, this brings up some other issues, such as:

(1) If you have the app on more than one device, which of the devices would automatically receive the live stream?

(2) I could see it being configured so that only one device can have the automatic-open feature, but then what if you want to view the stream on a different device? Does the first device automatically disconnect when you answer it via the second device?

(3) Or do you allow multiple connections to the door bell? If so, then what about the audio that comes from the devices – if someone on device # 2 speaks, the audio will go to the door bell, but will/should device # 1 also hear that audio?

(4) I’d really like to have things setup so that when the doorbell is pressed, my Echo Show automatically opens the doorbell stream, however, when no one is home (e.g., during the work day) my phone would be notified so I could answer it there (via the nice Rapid Ring app). Perhaps the auto-answer feature could be scheduled – during the work day, nothing does auto-answer; during non-work hours, the Echo Show would auto-answer.

Just some thoughts… Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-Jon

On

Google nest isn’t the answer people think.
Read here about what their doing to work with Nest devices moving forward.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/9/18537331/google-nest-cancellation-assistant-smart-home-integration-report

Would be great if you could adjust the motion sensitivity for alerts by the zone and not overall (the same setting has to apply to all zones). Some areas of the view you may want to have more alerts from whereas others, you may need to limit to avoid false notifications.

3 Likes

Half of my my Ring Video Doorbell 2 image forever shows the wall of my front doorway. It would be awesome if the Ring app would allow me to crop and transform the image (similar to what I can do with photos or video in the iPhone’s Photo app), so the video feed could focus on the important sections.

A nice side effect would be to automatically exclude cropped portions of the video feed from motion detection.

Guidance for when the ring pro doorbell cannot be installed 4ft from the ground (seems to be lots for when it is installed greater than 4ft).

Accessories (wedge to point upwards?) to assist this problem

I would like to see more integration with IFTTT, particularly some action instead of triggers. I am interested in seeing actions that turn off notifications based on triggers from other IFTTT services.

Larry

More customizations per zones, what’s the point of having zones if you can’t customize them. For example want a zone to record on motion and not get alerts and another one to record and get alerts. Also motion schedule section should be per zones.

I can’t believe these options are missing, gettig alerts on every motion is annoying.

4 Likes