Doorbell worked perfectly and now doesnt

I just installed my doorbell few days before.
Worked perfectly voltage perfect wifi perfect.
This morning i pressed snooze and it disconnected.
The dim white light shines and when i press the chime in the doorbell goes off.
O try to press the side orange button but nothing happens. If i hold the orange button for longer the device restart and SOMETIMES enters setup mode. But half the time my phone cant detect it and other times i connect to it but it disconnects 2min later.
Sometimes the blue light flashes in the south west quadrant and sometimes in the nirth quadrant(idk maybe indicating error codes)?

https://youtu.be/90_8RXe2lj0
Video

Hi, to reset have you tried holding the orange button for 20+ seconds (hold it for 30). If you are having issues setting up the PRO, do you have another device (phone/tablet) you can try the setup with? Power is key for the PRO, so it’s worth checking that the supply is adiquate.

1 Like

Nothing is working the setup mode keeps freezing and crashing.
The support recommended me to install pro power kit but im not using any chime. So i guess it install between the doorbell and transformer?

Nothing is working the setup mode keeps freezing and crashing.
The support recommended me to install pro power kit but im not using any chime. So i guess it install between the doorbell and transformer?

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like you need the power kit… but if they suggest it I would give it a go.

If the PRO is setup in in the app make sure the PRO-> general settings -> doorbell chime type -> set to “None”.

I would also try deleting the app and reinstalling it. At what step does the set up fail?

Its not the app. The app is ok.
I press the orange setup button on the device. It spins for 1-2times then the devices freezes and hard crashes.
Yesterday worked perfectly voltage was perfect.
The pic is what support sent me

Bypass-04-300x225.jpg

When it ‘hard crashes’ does the ring light go out? If so it’s defn a power issue, either the supply or the internal battery/capacitor is shot. The Ring PRO really needs around 24VA supply, with Ring selling a transformer rated at 30VA.

The frozen white light stays for a few seconds and then turns off yes…
Last night a certified ekectrician installed it. He himself has ring products wired around his house so no problem on his part…
So what do i do now? ;D sit and cry with my shot 250euro doorbell?
Btw we wires the thing correctly transformer and all.

Ok strange thing happened.
It seems that my wifes phone was interfeering with the setup part and kept freezing the doorbell.
I thought if i reinstalled my softwarw it would be enough but it seems her software was causing this.
So strange!

1 Like

Update: it worked for 20min now the same :slight_smile: im going crazy ;R

You’ve done quite a bit to get this to work @Yarodao! If bypassing the chime kit, and performing a reset on the Pro did not resolve this concern, I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in depth troubleshooting.

For bypassing, you are able to do so using the wires on your chime kit by connecting them to the Pro Power Kit bypass ports. Check out our help center article about bypassing a chime kit to learn more. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi there neighbors! When a Ring device is suddenly offline, the best things to check are power and connection. For neighbors with a Video Doorbell Pro, we’ve put together this helpful hardwiring guide that I use when supplying power to my Doorbell. For battery-powered Video Doorbells, please ensure that the battery is charged.

Next, please ensure there is not any wifi signal interference. Check out our Community post for tips on checking and optimizing your RSSI (wifi signal strength). Once a sufficient power and wifi connection is established, follow the steps here to reconnect your Ring device.

As mentioned above in this thread, a reset can sometimes help if your device is not responding to setup mode or reconnection attempt. If your concern persists despite trying these suggestions, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like