Doorbell won’t go into setup mode

Hi! I’ve just received a doorbell 2 from my sister, she has deleted it ok her account, but when I try to set it up, I’m not getting the white lights at all after pushing the setup button. I also, cannot see the setup network on my iPhone8 or iPad to allow me to join the network as per the instructions. I’ve tried the hard reset, but it’s still the same.

What can I do now?

Hi @John2706! It sounds like the Video Doorbell is not powering up. I recommend recharging the battery for several hours using the micro usb charging cable. After the battery is fully charged, there should be lights on the Video Doorbell during setup. If not, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marley! That worked a treat - all setup and working now! :wink:

1 Like

@John2706 wrote:

Hi! I’ve just received a doorbell 2 from my sister, she has deleted it ok her account, but when I try to set it up, I’m not getting the white lights at all after pushing the setup button. I also, cannot see the setup network on my iPhone8 or iPad to allow me to join the network as per the instructions. I’ve tried the hard reset, but it’s still the same.

What can I do now?

I have a Video Doorbell Pro that is about a year old, but in operation only the last 8 months or so. It is setup with the Chime Pro network. Lately it has totally stopped working and the Ring app cannot get the doorbell to connect to either my WiFi network or the Chime Pro network. Essentially, the device will not go into setup mode. Only a pulsing white ring is achieved with the hard reset. Will bypassing my mechanical chime, as I have seen mentioned on the forum, do any good? Are there any other solutions or tricks available?

Hey @RingOKC! Exploring power solutions is certainly the best next step. Bypassing is an option to obtain more power or at least cut out some resistance in case that is the culprit. The Pro Power Kit V2 doubles as a bypass cable to be used for this purpose. Check out our help center article for tips on bypassing.

Although you mentioned this working before, it’s always a good step to check length of wire run and ensuring the wiring is not too thin, to avoid resistance in power. Depending on the age of the transformer, a new power supply can also resolve low power concerns. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: