Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbell won’t charge when hard wired

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Doorbell won’t charge when hard wired

Hi @Mojo2! It looks like you are referencing our help center Video Doorbell charging guide. What you stated is correct, the Doorbell will not apply charge until it reaches 90%. As stated in the article, the power from wiring is not used for anything other than charging the battery. Doorbell functions and operation is powered by the battery, and once that battery drains to 90%, the trickle charge will start to replenish the battery. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Marley it does not start to charge until its below 90% it does not charge @ 90%

Highlighted
New Neighbor

all your suggestions are checked.  Still won't charge.  I have not had a problem with it for the last 9 months so what has changed? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @ka311! If you have tried all of the suggestions mentioned here to no avail, it may require more in depth troubleshooting. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My doorbell won't work anymore.  It seems like maybe the battery is dead, but it is hardwired.  Did anyone here contact ring about this.  I am not sure what to do.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

So no fix for the doorbell 2 users? It was fine for a couple of years then it just couldn't keep up on the hardwired charge. Are the new app features draining it?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Nope...probably because the New Ring Doorbell 3 is out.