Doorbell won’t activate

New Video doorbell says it’s online on the app but won’t activate or pick up any motion detections. Any clues how to get it working please? I’ve tried to go live but just gets stuck on ‘activating’ and never does

The first thing that comes to mind is a weak wifi signal. In the Ring app, go to the device and do a health check.

1 Like

I checked Wifi and was a strong signal on set up it’s very close to router

2 Likes

Hey @CHenley! If the Doorbell is close to your router with excellent signal, it may be the phone / app connection. Try to uninstall and reinstall the app from your phone, as well as ensure bluetooth/ VPN is disabled, other apps are closed, and try this on both wifi only, and data only, on your mobile device.

Let us know if this works! :slight_smile:

I have the same issue with a gen 1 doorbell. Healthcheck is fine and wifi signal is good. Only issue seems to be the internet connection itself has a slow speed - 2.5Mb down and ~ .5Mb up. Would this cause the live view not to activate? How does one know for sure since there is no indication of a problem in the app?

My problem ended up being a faulty unit. They exchanged it. I fitted and it connected straight away

1 Like