Doorbell pro

Hi, my homes not but 6 months old. I bought a reconditioned doorbell pro. Hooked everything up by the books, it powered up, got everything set up and was working fine. Within an hour it stoped working saying low voltage and lost signal. From what I’ve gathered with my doorbell in my home being so mew I wouldn’t need the transformer. Is this so or do I need to order the ring transformer?

Hi @Mattrock83. A8-24 VAC (40VA max) transformer is needed for the Doorbell Pro. You can read more about the requirements and setup process in our Help Center Article here. If you run into any trouble during the setup, you can reach out to our support team directly as well. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Well, this morning ordered the doorbell pro transformer from ring but I don’t think it’s the one you mentioned. Maybe I can go to Lowe’s and pick one up the size you state I need?

1 Like

Hi @Mattrock83! You’ll be happy to hear the Ring transformer you obtained should do the trick. To clarify transformer rating information for the Ring Pro, the transformer voltage output should be at least 16V and up to 24V with a VA rating of at least 10VA, and up to 40VA. Anything within those specs should power your Doorbell Pro. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

So far so good. I installed the ring transformer 24 hours ago and has been working great so far. Thanks for all the help.

1 Like