Doorbell pro issues

Set up the doorbell pro Monday with our existing doorbell wires. App and video worked great for 3 days. We head out to vacation Thursday and low and behold, cant connect anymore. Got home today and it has a pulsing white light. Looking on the internet I see it may be a transformer issue. The house is 20 years old so I went and replaced the transformer with a brand new one with 16v. Power the unit back up and it comes up with the same pulsing white light. Have double checked the power pak and it is installed. I’ve held the reset button on the side for a minute with no luck. I can press the button and it immediately turns blue and rings the door bell inside but then switches back to a pulsing white light. I can’t even get back to setting it up after scanning it since it will never show the circling white light. Not sure what route to take next.

That’s the same problem I am having. I am guessing it’s the battery inside can’t hold the charge and needs replacing.

If you are out of warranty you can fix it by charging it up using the USB port.

Hi @Jughead. Good to hear your transformer is a 16V. Do you know what the VA rating is? The Ring Pro needs a 30VA rating to reliably operate. If it is, try completely disconnecting your Ring Pro from power for about 15 minutes. Then reconnect it to power and wait for it blue flashing light to complete the circle. After that, the Ring Pro should enter setup mode and you can follow the instructions in the Ring app to get it reconnected. If this doesn’t work, hold the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. Within a minute, you Ring Pro should start to speak and give you the next steps.

If you’ve tried these to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Thank you for replying.

The transformer is 24V, it is the one that is packaged with the Ring Pro and shown In the manual(UK). Is there a new 30V version I should use that would solve my problem?

I rang support but I had to put the phone down after 30 minutes as he wasn’t very professional. It was an outsourced call centre in India so what made it worse was it was hard to understand what he was saying. I would prefer to speak to an American as they are the friendliest but I don’t have that option. Is there anyway to use the online chat as I used that before and it so much easier but I can’t find the link anymore?

Anyway thanks for replying it was appreciated.

Hi @Jughead. Right now, our chat is not available for troubleshooting. When calling in, you can always request to speak to someone that you can understand more clearly. If you are calling from the UK, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

1 Like

Just to update for anyone having the same problem.

The only way to quickly have a replacement Ring Pro sent to you is to email Ring support directly and they are very helpful and quickly assess the problem and fix it.
No having to deal with customer support on the phone who don’t know the Ring Pro has a battery inside it.