Doorbell on guest network ssid

Upgraded to a new Orbi AX4200 router. Configured the guest network ssid with my old router ssid and kept my IoT devices on the guest network. I get notifications just fine but cannot pay videos back without so much buffering that it is useless. If I change my phone to use the guest WiFi network, the videos pay fine. I would consider this a bug rather than a security feature since the notifications come through to my phone and Alexia devices fine. I can also watch Live Streams, just not the recorded events. Easy workaround to change my WiFi network on my phone to the guest network but I don’t want to have my computer’s or non IoT devices on the guest network.

Does Ring follow these community boards or should I contact them directly?

HI @xwera43. Do you get this error when also using cellular data? I would check to see if you have any of the apps listed in this Help Center article here, as these are known to cause different issues within the Ring App. Try rebooting your router and also removing the Ring App, rebooting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App to see if that improves that loading of the videos. This Help Center article here also covers your routers ports and protocols, which may also be contributing to this issue.

If you’ve tried those steps and are still unsuccessful with loading your recorded videos, lease give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support

1 Like

Seems to be an issue with my new Orbi AX4200 RBR750 router. I do not have any of the apps listed installed. I have however had to factory reset the router because changes via the Web admin had locked my device out over WiFi and I do not own a computer with Ethernet ports built-in (nor do I have an adapter).

The firmware available now has less features and abilities as the AC1900 (R6900P) it replaced. Nearly as disappointing as receiving my Day One Xbox One! (-;

I’ll keep troubleshooting as currently I am able to view recorded videos. I may have stated, love videos and notifications are/were fine. Very odd it’s just recorded. Even recorded of the live failed to load without too much buffering to be useful.

Hi @xwera43. Thank you for getting back to me on this issue and trying the above mentioned steps. This is a very peculiar case. If you need any additional support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Also, a moment of silence for your Day One XBOX One! :smiley: