Doorbell off line

Cannot connect doorbell. Searching for ring wi fi. None there

Same issue. Called support. They are sending a replacement. Has got to be a firmware issue. Too many complaints all over the internet for a one off. Happened on or around June 19, 2020.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! @OttRingUser Thank you for letting us know that our support team was able to get this taken care of for you. @Bwalker If you’re unable to connect to the Ring AP (access point) during the setup process for your Doorbell, I’d recommend attempting the setup on a different phone or tablet with the Ring app installed. You can also find additional setup troubleshooting steps here. Please also ensure you’re close to the Doorbell when walking through a setup.

Lastly, you can attempt a reset on your Doorbell by holding down the setup button on the Doorbell for 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, walk the Doorbell through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should this concern persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. . Feel free to let us know what support recommends if you reach out, as it can help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

My doorbell went offline 02:18AM CST on 6/21; haven’t been able to reconnect it since. Good chance I have the same firmware issue?

I tried different devices and even older devices thinking that perhaps it was due to the ring maybe broadcasting on the 2.4Ghz band. Nope. I tried standing 6 inches from
The unit and still no. There are lots of posts online about this same issue. There must be a common cause.

My doorbell also can’t get online. Ring tried to downloaded firmware with no success. Glad to know they ate replacing doorbells!

Hi @user40302. I’d recommend trying the troubleshooting steps in the marked solution. If that doesn’t work, and you cannot get your Doorbell successfully set up, you can follow up with our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.