Doorbell not recording all events

I had a package delivered today but the actual delivery was not captured on video. The delivery person had to have been recorded as they dropped the package off right in front of the camera. There is a motion recording sometime before the delivery and some time after. I know it records when someone is at the door because it records my family everytime we go in or out. Why would it be missing recordings?

Same problem…

why are only some movements filmed by the bell? it recorded everything before but not in the last year. it was super sensitive in the past and recorded bushes that blew in the wind but now it doesn’t film people on the stairs? only sometimes it does?

Hey neighbors! When you check your motion frequency, do you have it set to Standard or Frequent? If you have it to Standard, this could be why it seems like your Doorbell is missing some events. Try changing it to Frequent and this should help for the future! You can learn more about this in our Ring Help Center Article here.

1 Like

I’m having similar problems, but when I look at the event history, I see the events, but they’re not recorded. My last recorded event was on 5/26/2020.

I’m being notified of the motion events, and haven’t had an actual ring event in a few days, they’re showing up in the list, but no video capture. I’ve made no changes since the last recording was stored and even verified that my cloud subscription is still good until 12/2020.

I’ve had to thief at my house. One was when my car cover was stolen and the second was a package was stolen, my ring doorbell camera didn’t capture neither event. I don’t know what the purpose of having ring if it’s not going to record everything event. When my package got delivered I knew it was at my door because it captured the amazon person leaving it at 3:36. I made it home about 5:51 and there was no package and no video capturing anyone taking it

1 Like

Ever since I first put this in, it has not recorded every event. But I have never experienced a single instance of where going live does not go live. I have a feeling they are saving bandwidth costs with blackout periods. It’s not the wifi, it’s the ring.

Hi neighbors! If you feel that your Ring Doorbell has missed or is not picking up motion events, there could be a few different reasons why, including your motion settings or your Doorbell’s placement. Review our guide on optimizing motion detection in your Ring Doorbell here. This guide will cover how to adjust your motion settings, as well as what proper placement looks like for your Doorbell to ensure optimal motion detection.

In addition to that, please check that you do not have motion detection disabled within the Modes settings. If motion detection is disabled in Disarmed Mode, and you swap your system to Disarmed, your Ring Doorbell will not detect and record motion. Lastly, verify that your Doorbell has a strong internet connection, otherwise it may not be able to properly detect and record motion.

If you still have concerns about missed motion events after reviewing our guide, you can follow up with our support team for further one-on-one assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hello
so this is a very weird thing. My Daughter and her boyfriend enter our home at 6:36 pm well time goes by and we can see other alerts saying that someone is at our door in fact one of them was my wife and I had returned home and this was around 9:45 pm and No one was home so we know for a fact that my daughter and her boyfriend had left our home sometime between 6:36 pm and 9:45 pm but the ring does not show her leaving nothing at all we only have the one door so she had to have left through the door or a window but why would she do that ? and so really if this would have been a thief we would not se them leave at all and when I asked my daughter about it she said that not only did they leave through the door but she had forgot something and she ran back into the house and then returned out the door again and the ring did not show any of those entrees or exits to my home so now I am paying for this service to protect my family and this is how reliable this system is I am really second guessing my decision and I might have to look into a different way to so I can feel safe that the camera I have at my door is doing what I pay for it to do. How many times does thing not alert me? and is Ring going to cover me for any losses that occur cuz its product does not work like it should. oh and yes the sensitivity is on frequent. has an one else had a similar issues?

1 Like

Hi @userlocke13. I have added some additional information that is relevant to motion detection to the marked solution, so I’d recommend reviewing that to help you adjust any settings that may need to be adjusted for optimal motion detection. Should this keep happening, I’d urge you to follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for more in-depth assistance, as your security is one of our top priorities.

Ah ha!!!

Prerequisites:
your internet connection is fast (as ring app tests show).

Your ring device has a signal of -65 or lower (which means stronger e.g…-60,-55, -50, -45,… ) connected to chime or just directly to wifi

Steps to reproduce:
Turn on all forms of smart alerts… packages, people detection

Walk in the camera, Notice the response of the ring system is after 5 seconds of the event

Walk briefly in front of the camera. Pretending to be the delivery guy running quickly and dropping off within 2 seconds.

Notice ring doesn’t process the event

Steps to resolve

Disable all smart alerts

Repeat steps above. Notice ring captures all the motion and it responds in 3 seconds

Summary. Rings computer vision processing is suboptimal and its ability to process motion is unable to keep up when fast moving people are in the current scene. Therefore do not use ring for Smart Alerts

Turn off all forms of

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.