Doorbell malfunctions late afternoon, sun is shining and very hot temps

My doorbell rings during the hottest part of the day

Hey @smiledog. Can you provide a few more details on what happens with the Doorbell, as well as clarify which model of Doorbell you have? Feel free to share any pictures or videos displaying the behavior your Doorbell exhibits during the hottest part of the day. When attaching a video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. Once I have a bit more information, I’d be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Gen 1 Ring doorbell. As the day heats up, the door bell will ring on it’s own. It happened a few times last summer. We live in south Georgia, very humid and hot. When it does it, it gets stuck in the ring mode and the inside ringer doesn’t stop. After a few min it will stop. It doesn’t happen when it’s overcast or when the temp is 90 or below. I was able to watch a little closer today. It’s not the sun right on it. It’s 2:00-6:00 when it’s the hottest. I have the video when it does it, but it just shows a normal video of no one at my door.

@smiledog Thank you for letting me know a bit more about what’s going on with your Doorbell. Based on that information, I’d recommend trying a reset and a new setup first. To reset the Doorbell, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that, walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If this is still happening after, please share a video of the ringing so I can have a better understanding of what you’re seeing on your end.

Thanks for the reply. It didn’t happen today. The temp was down, and overcast. I’ve reset in the past, but I’ll do it again, and let you know.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve done a complete reset. It didn’t help. I’m open for any suggestions. It’s getting worse. Today I had to take it down to get it to stop. As soon as it cooled off it stopped. I like the Ring products, and this one is probably melted. How do I find out if anyone else is having this problem? I will need to replace it, but don’t know if any of the others will handle these temps. This one is only 16 months old. I thought about putting it on the other side of the door. I’d have to rewire to that side. I have way more battery operated equipment now then I care to have to charge. I’ve gotten to the point that I need wired equipment. Thanks for any help you can give

@smiledog Since you’re still experiencing this concern, I’d definitely recommend giving our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. A member of our support team will be able to look into this more closely for you and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps in order to get this resolved. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.