Doorbell doesn't trigger video on phone ...

So just bought video doorbell. I was expecting the video feed to open on my smartphone the moment someone rang the bell, so I could initiate a conversation, but it doesn’t. All I get is a sound notification. The video feed works, but only when I unlock my phone, go into the app and open the vid feed manually, by which time whoever was at the door is LONG gone. Am I doing someting wrong, or have I been misled by the advertising?

Hey @Jonathan. For the Ring Video Doorbells, you will get a push notification that someone is at your door when they ring the Doorbell, but it is not designed to automatically pull up the video unless the user prompts for the video to be pulled up. This would be a great feature that some neighbors could use though, so I will pass this onto the appropriate team! If it does interest you, you could get an Amazon Alexa Show that does something similar to what you are looking for.

For example, when you get a motion notification or a ring notification, you can ask Alexa to show you your “Front door,” or whatever you have named the device. You can learn more about this in our Ring Help Center Article here.