Doorbell continuous ringing

I turned off the power and connected my ring doorbell 2. When I turn the power back on the doorbell rings continuously. What would be causing this issue and how do I fix it?

1 Like

Hey @Shawnh355. The Doorbell could be ringing continuously if you have a diode installed when you do not need it, if the diode is installed incorrectly, or if you do not have the diode installed when you need it. What kind of internal chime kit do you have and did you install the diode, if so, how?

Was there resolution on this item? I did not see it in the responses.

I am having the same problem with a Ring Video 2 , ie diode installed, wires connected, and the house doorbell continuously rings. I tried reversing wires, and tried without the diode … same outcome. The house is new with combination transformer and digital dooorbell. (Input: 120VAC 60 Hz Output 12VDC 6mA)

1 Like

Hi @amch55! As you mentioned the power output of the power supply/ chime kit being DC voltage, this might not be compatible. Please check our Chime Kit Compatibility list to see if your chime model is listed. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Ring pro 2 repeatedly chiming pre existing chime

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.