Doorbell chimes when speaking through microphone

I just installed my ring pro doorbell and everything works great EXCEPT when I use the mic feature to talk through the doorbell. For some reason whenever I use the mic it triggers my digital chime to go off. Has anyone ever had this issue and what did you do to resolve it?

thanks!

1 Like

This is very odd to hear of @Milan1da! Is this digital chime kit on our chime compatibility list? To start, please ensure the Doorbell Pro is wired using standard gauge wiring and not thin or spliced wired. Please also double check that the Pro Power Kit is installed at your chime kit. Once confirmed, let’s remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device.

If this concern persists, I recommend checking on the chime type selecting in your Ring app. From the Ring app dashboard, open the Menu, select Devices, select your Doorbell Pro, select Device Settings, and then select In home Chime. This will allow you to specify the type of chime being used. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever get this fixed? The chime type in the ring app had no effect.

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever get this fixed?

Hi @RingUser5031. Apart from what Marley mentioned, try also rebooting your Doorbell from the Ring app to see if that helps. If you have tried this additional step and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.