Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

Got a stronger Transformer and switched out the old weak one??‍♀️

What did you do? I have a Note 10+ and answering the door gives echo / feedback. My S8+ does not.

I just installed a very strong transformer and it made zero difference. Considering I get no audio feedback on the S8 and only on NOTE 10, I think we can clonclude someone has to get off their arxx and fix this bug before…

And spent 60 mins on chat support;

1. uninstall. Reboot. Re-install. try again

2. Turn off OK Google

3. log out app and re-login

But I’m in exactly the same place.

I have 7 GOOGLE WIFI mesh’s (very close to ring). 1GB Fiber and TOP notch video all around the home and Ring can’t even give me FULL-DUPLEX audio. This is seriously bad. I havce 7 RING devices. I]m about done with Ring and high hopes since Amazon aquired them :frowning:

Take a look at the thread, https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/OnePlus-7-Audio/m-p/7422#M714 , some further details there.

Clearly it’s an issue with the App, which can be reproduced in other Apps, not only with Ring. Explicitly enabling noise-canceling option solves the issue in the other apps.

I’m putting my Doorbell Pro 2 to sell, and looking for an alternative where I can reply to a call.

Ive just bought a ring doorbell 2 and have a samsung S10 and having the same issues i cant hear the person at the door yet when i play the recording back it sounds fine this issues has been known about for months now and nothing has been done about it by Ring. the old solution to turn off the timeline event viewer no longer works as Ring have removed to option to switch it off. I have just spent over an hour to support trying to solve the issue yet they still wouldnt admit there is an issue with the ring app and samsung. I wish i had read about these issues before buying it as i would have gone for a different brand. i have given them 2 week to come up with a solution or im sending it all back (im doubtful of a solution as this has been going on for so long)

The final solution to this issue is very unclear. After reading all of the posts I still do not know exactly what resolved this problem. Can someone from ring or the original poster provide the actual solution?

1 Like

I spent over an hour with support and as far as I know there is no solution or support would have solved my issue

I have same issue. But can not see the how to fix, please show reset Instructions?

There is not a fix yet

Just installed ours today, everything works great except the audio.

Just spent 30 mins looking for the problem solved in this fourm.
Are you saying there is no fix for my audio problems?

This is what I was emailed by Ring

My name is Jason and I am part of the Neighbor Outreach Team here at Ring. Thank you for taking the time to email us back, as we know that your time is valuable. I see you have some audio concerns with your Ring Video Doorbell 2. I certainly understand wanting to be able to communicate with who is outside your home.

I show you have already fully contacted us about this matter. The chat agent you chatted with got all the necessary information regarding this matter for you and your account has been marked as part of this matter. We are aware of it happening and are working towards a resolution as quickly as possible but there would be no ETA we would be able to provide at this time. When there is an update on the matter, you will be contacted.

What is RSSI? This is the only device installed except for hue lights and Amazon Echos. I’ll try to figure out how to send an example. I installed the transformer thing on the inside mech doorbell. It was kind of odd in that the power was off yet when was installing it my doorbell rang not full power, but I did it a couple times to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong.

Are you saying resetting is not a fix? Should i exchange or wait on a fix from you.

I am having audio issues as well. I just set up my new ring pro yesterday and when my husband and I were testing out the audio it sounded muffled and incomprehensible. The problem is only when attempting to talk to whoever is outside. I can hear whoever is talking outside through my phone but they cannot hear me. Please help! Thank you.

1 Like

I still cannot figure out what to do. If I have my microphone muted, is sounds good.

Is it possible that this problem is with Android phones and not IPhone? How bout that little transformer, should I remove that and try? I’m getting tired of this ring already. Please assist

Same volume so how do I fix it tks

I have the same problem and use both an iPhone and Amazon devices such as Dot or Echo show to answer the doorbell.
From the doorbell end I find the audio so bad that it is almost useless.
My WiFi is fibre 72mbs and RSSI is 56. Surely the audio should be better than this.
Ring Pro. Device was exchanged by Ring but no change at all.

I can’t hear the person at the door unless I mute my mic iPhone. And if I click on go to solution for this thread there is no
Link to a video. Help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry. I replaced the unit and it’s better now, however having video issues now.