Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

Solved by going into Account and turning off Timeline feature (Samsung Galaxy S20).

Installed Ring 3 plus and the 2 way sound worked for a day. Now it works for a few seconds then goes silent, then works for a few seconds then silent. Keeps doing this over and over.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Works for a few seconds, then goes silent and also worked for the first day - now this!

I read over 100 suggestions and comments on this thread as I have the same issue. I tried all the suggestions to no avail and still have garbled audio in both directions. I too have a Samsung S7 along with the wife so we both hear gibberish when communicating via the doorbell. My daughter has the same Ring Pro so I added her as a User. She lives about 11miles away. I then went outside and as the motion alert hit her, she started talking before I got up to the doorbell. Communications in both directions were as clear as a bell. She has an iPhone. Sorry but I didn’t ask what model but all I cared about at the time was that the Ring doorbell was working properly and I needn’t waste my time anymore with any further suggestions or changes to my setup. Was going to call support tomorrow as I was sure my daughter wouldn’t fair any better than I have but this proved me wrong. So tomorrow I’ll get on Samsung’s support group to see if they have anything of use. Otherwise, one option is to return this to Amazon and find something from a different vendor. Or, I guess my second option is that I’m due for a new phone anyway but that’s an expensive option especially when my current phone works great. I wonder if Ring has knowledge of the vendor and model of phones which work with the various Ring units and those phones that don’t work. Lucky are those few who preformed a “reset” to fix their issue. Us two weren’t so luck it seems. so, good luck Smilezilla

I am having an issue that my speaker sound is not working live. It does work on the recordings. This wasn’t an issue until a few weeks ago but without hearing audio, I am only able to communicate 1-way and have to rely on the visual cues from the video.

i read through this forum quickly but could find a proposed solution to try.

Using an iPhone 8.

I have an issue where during playback of an answered ring that the person at the door the audio echoed on her words. I didn’t hear that live but when replaying from the timeline. Any suggestions?

Just an add on to my post above. I confirmed the same issue with the iPad. I don’t hear sound live after I click the speaker button. The mic does work and all recorded videos work.

Really annoyed with this issue, when you contact customer service they just go through the common sense procedure a waste of time. Wish i choose a different brand instead of ring.

My issue is that the person ringing the doorbell is unable to hear what iam saying. I have samsung s9.

Its just a joke how this issue has been going on for a long time.

2 Likes

Hi just got rid of my S9 for the same problem ring always blames Samsung for the problem,but on my new iPhone works brilliant hope this helps.

Hi

I installed my ring 3 pro yesterday . I tested it away from the house and it appeared to work fine audio out and in. Today i couldnt hear the person at all but they could hear me. Rather frustrating start as I tried it three times away and at home . I have done all usual checks microphone button etc …Anyone help please??

wondering why i cant see the feed on how to do the reset, only that it worked?

Hi @sdsmitty! To reset your Video Doorbell, please hold the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the Doorbell is reset, completing a setup in the Ring app will reconnect your device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Lost my audio somewhere along the way.

I did the reset and it’s all good now!

Thanks

1 Like

Hi this issue is back have not had my ring doorbell 2 for 2 weeks and the speaker is still not audible have tried everything i have read and to no avail can anyone HELP

1 Like

Can’t believe this company…fobbing customers off with android for months. Clearly there’s an issue with your software testing department. Sort it out!!!

otherwise we’ll vote with out feet.

I have done this twice with my Ring2 and still get the 1 second echo from the doorbell. I been reading this from the beginning and I see NO solution for the Ring2 and Samsung phone. I have a S20 FE 5G. I there ANY hope of fixing this or must I return everything to Costco. Any point to exchanging it for a new one if it is in the Ring/Samsung device combination? My daughter has a Ring with an Apple and no problems with her Ring devices.

Like many others, I also struggled with audio quality issues with my Doorbell Pro (hardware revision 1, 2 and 3). The 2 way audio was slightly acceptable when communicating using an iPhone, but always poor when using any Android device. Ring claims they fixed it in an Android app update, but they never did. The true fix is to get rid of your Doorbell Pro and replace it with a Doorbell Pro 2. The 2 way audio quality is night and day improved with the Doorbell Pro 2 on Android and iOS.

My semi educated guess is that the original Doorbell Pro (and likely other older Doorbells) had an audio chip that struggled to work with the Android audio codecs.

I am having the same problem, i have a Huawei P30 pro which does the same as all the other users. sound does not work when on live view. Neither does it work on Huawei 20 mate x and its the same on 3 different tablets. it does not work on the Echo Show 8 either, i have tried everything. resetting works for a few days. This Doorbell is not worth £229 at all. its missing the features the us has, its sound is bad. i am going to hope it gets sorted within the next 7 days or i will be sending it back as its not fit for purpose at all. really am disappointed with it. Ring Pro 2 user

I have a RING at home and a Pro at my business. About 2 months ago both got the same problem of choppy audio when trying to communicate with someone at the door. I went through all the ring techsupport suggestions like wifi extenders, reboots etc. Today they advised my units needed to be replaced, but since they are out of warranty they could only offer a 35% discount off retail. Guess I should have stayed with skybell