Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

SOLVED
New Neighbor

Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

First post here si Hi everyone first Smiley Happy

Pretty happy with my doorbell pro until today where the postman rang. Picked up on my phone as I was at work and I never managed to speak with him and he seemed angry.

Back home, I gave it a try and figured it out the following :

I rang and my wife answered on my phone from inside the house. Started speaking and 2 sec after started hearing myself loud and clear repeating like if there was an echo.

My wife tried also speaking from the phone to the doorbell and I could barely hear her.

Call community support but I doubt my call got properly understood as the lady was repaeating that I was reporting a poor audio quality. I don't have any audio quality just a 2 way audio that doesn't seem to work anymore and I have an expensive polly parrot doorbell that repeats all I say.

Anyone been through the same issue ? Anyway to fix it ?

Just to try I unplugged the power of the doorbell for 5 minutes and tried again but it doesn't help.

Now I understand why the postman was mad ...

92 REPLIES 92
New Neighbor

Re: Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

Quick feedback and thanks to @Riley_Ring for posting the how to reset the video doorbell. Did a quick try this morning and the 2 way audio is fully working again.  I can clearly hear the speaker on the other side, no more polly parrot effect.

Stange issue but at least it is fixed. Hopefully I will manage to apologize to the postman as he will come for sure again today to deliver the amazon addict family Smiley Happy

Seb

Community Manager

Don't worry, I have that addiction too Smiley Happy Glad to hear the reset helped. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Community Manager

So happy those steps were helpful for you @Seb1410!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Back again after a bit more than a month with the same problem.

Polly parrot effect. Is there a way to contact customer support to ask for a replacement as this is really annoying and sounds like I have once again got something produced on a monday morning ... Had to again reset the entire thing so now it works but I am not going to do this every month.

Strongly thinking of changing for the other brand as the overall experience is really not that great so far and especially as there is still no way to have the video feed automatically opened. Without giving any name, the other brand does it so why is it so difficult to get that basic functionnality added ?? 

Community Manager

@Seb1410 , sorry to hear that this has occurred again for you.  We appreciate the update and would agree that calling our support team is the best next step. They would be happy to take a further look into this to better understand what is occurring. Please keep us posted on how everything goes!

New Neighbor

I am having the same problem. Brand new Ring Doorbell 2, had my first 2-way conversation and they were struggling to communicate with me. Everything they say is echoed back through the Android app back out to the Ring device.  I have 3 devices.

1. OnePlus 5T running Android 9.
  2. Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 9.
  3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running Android 7.

The OnePlus 5T is the only affected device, which is interesting. I have stopped it occurring by disabling "OK Google" detection from any screen...frustrating but seems to be a phone issue rather than a Ring issue. I'll raise a case with OnePlus to try get it fixed. I got the work around idea from this YouTube video for a OnePlus One.

Community Manager

Thank you for the detailed look at this concern @BitzerMaloney! I greatly appreciate this information and I am sure other neighbors using a OnePlus 5T phone will as well. 

Thanks for being a great neighbor!

New Neighbor

I have had the issue since day one and I have tried so many fixes with no luck. Transformer... Replacement unit... Reset it many times... uninstalled the app... Frustrating to purchase all of the equipment I have from Ring and can't get this doorbell to work properly. Spotlight cams work great. The Floodlight cam worked great.  Doorbell cam I purchased 4 years ago worked ok. I do believe you are onto something with the phone or the App being the issue. The playbacks on the website are flawless. Playbacks on my S10+ or Note 9 have so much digital noise you can't hear the recording. Answering a live call is choppy/freezing video and digital noise/chirping whatever you want to call it. I just want to know who is supposed to address this? Ring? Android? Samsung? Someone needs to fix this. I have seen several posts in different forums for over a year with the same issue and there is still no fix. How come this hasn't been fixed yet? I have seen several app updates and someone at Ring has to know something. Come on... 

Community Manager

Hi @KP6Five, sorry to hear you are having audio concerns as well. Yours sounds a bit different with the Live View concerns included in your description. Do you have a video example you would like to include here with a Ring video share link? Also, what is the RSSI of your Doorbell Pro versus the other devices you have installed?