Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

As one of the users who initially brought this issue up, and shared videos which showed that audio mic transmission from Samsung phones with the timelinefeature had very bad audio quality,

I’M VERY HAPPY FOR BEING ABLE TO CONFIRM THAT THE ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED!!!

Now, with my Note10+, the mic transmission from the mobile to the ring device works as it should! No longer need to deactivate timeline feature, for beeing able to use the device!!

Thank you very much, Ring support and engineers, finally I can use my device without fearing that the opposite person wont be able to understand me!!

2 Likes

good for you but what did they do… I have good video but poor sound… my wifi signal is good. I just accepted this as being part of the crappy product. using my windows the crappy sound is recorded on the file form the camera. so it is a product problem not a samsung problem. so WTF did they do to fix anything.

Still not working here on a OnePlus 7 phone. Whenever the 2-way audio is activated, either 2 things happen, no sound on the doorbell or the loud screeching. Completely impossible to have a conversation. With either mic-only or speaker-only audio reaches the correct end.

Here follows a sample video of the screeching. Warning, lower the volume of your devices. https://ring.com/share/6742725808638857128

I have 2 other devices, one OnePlus 3t, and a Motorola G1, where the 2-way audio works without any issues, so it must an app issues, on the newest phone.

Already contacted support, but other than some promises and the typical reset, restart, reinstall nothing helped.

2 Likes

Thanks for this information @GuiPerPT. We have the team investigating audio on the OnePlus 7 phone. However, since this is isolated to this particular phone for you, have you tried using other apps on speaker, such as speaker phone to see if this happens outside of the Ring app? Keep in mind this audio screech is different that what other neighbors have reported

Hi @Marley_Ring,

Thanks for the reply and for working on the issue.

Good tip with the Speaker App! Downloaded this app and gave it a try.

By default when the App has the speaker + mic active, it has a similar issue, a screech is coming through the speakers. At some point, I thought it was an issue with my phone.

Fortunately, the app has a setting to turn on Echo Noise Cancellation, as with the setting on immediately the screech is gone and it works as intended (no screeching, can hear myself on the speaker just fine).

Check the screenshot for details. I hope it can help the development team to find the core issue of the problem!

That is the exact same issue I have, I am also using a OnePlus 7.

What app did you use? The link seems to be broken.

Apparently Google Took it down. Anyway, can recreate exactly the same with this App. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chromaticzone.livemicrophone&hl=en It has the same settings, so enabling Noise Cancellation resolves the screeching.

Thank you for your reply.

Using that app it has reduced the screeching some what, but not completely removed it.

Just tried it there again. I can’t be heard using my OnePlus 7.

The screeching has now changed to constant “Morse code”…

The app doesn’t fix anything, at least for me. All it does is allowing to recreate the same behaviour than the Ring App (screeching on 2-way audio), showing that Ring app is not properly setting up the Noise cancellation.

Hope this can help the App developers to fix the issues.

1 Like

Well how did you manage to reset the ring doorbell 2

I am having the same problem with my iPhone7 - very muffled sound at doorbell. Helped minimally by reset.

Dear ML1504,

Can you plesase tell us what did you do exactly to solve the problem?

Regards,

Dan

I emailed Ring.com, who kindly and efficiently sent a replacement with no hassle. The replacement unit works fine.

@davedottiger wrote:

I emailed Ring.com, who kindly and efficiently sent a replacement with no hassle. The replacement unit works fine.

same here…

How did you fix it??

hi would you mind sharing how you fixed the problem

Changed out the transformer

Got a stronger Transformer and switched out the old weak one??‍♀️