Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

Hi Twedlake and all others.

It took a bit of time but fingers crossed I am not having that poly parrot effect anymore. First step indeed was to reset the doorbell as there was no other option but I agree this is a workaround not a solution. Just in case :

Remove the front plate and hold down the black button on the right side for 15 seconds. After releasing it, the light on the front will flash a few times indicating that the device is restarting then re start the setup process all over again. Count down slowly otherwise you might perform a simple reset and issue will remain.

I contacted the support and shared some video with them. Even used my smartphone to record and show as this was more relevant than the videos recorded on the Ring cloud.

A while ago they told me that they have pushed an update to my doorbell and I must say that since then the issue is gone and the doorbell is now working as expected.

I suggest that you contact ring support and be patient. Martin was the one who replied back.

I am now hoping for some new improvements that should have been there since day one but this is on my whishlist and already raised. Otherwise I might switchover to the dark side and sell it.

Just if this can help here is their reply :

Hello Sebastien,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked towards improving this concern of yours. I have just recently pushed a new update to your Ringdevice. This update should improve the audio concerns that you have brought to our attention.

If your problem has been resolved no further action is needed on your behalf.

If not, please let us know by responding to this email and we will be more than happy to assist you further. Please note that we are still proactively working towards refining our echo cancellation and are always striving towards making our products the best that they can possibly be.

If you do not receive a response within 48 hours, please feel free to email Ring support at help@ring.com.

As always, you can reach us via phone at US +1(800) 656-1918 or INTL +1(310) 929-7085.

Alternatively, Chat agents are available via our website, www.ring.com.

Thank you for choosing Ring.

• Martin
2 Likes