Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

Found the solution. I had the same. I found it was the ringtone that I had set up on my phone causing issues. Only use the normal ringtone in the app and not a song on your phone.

Not sure how the ring tone would cause static on two way communucation

No idea… I bought a ring 2 about 4 weeks ago. Set it up and found I had two way issues. Could hear my voice after a second delay, also person outside the same. Called customer service and they true everything. In the end said to send back as a faulty unit.
New one arrived today. Set it up and all was fine with no feedback… Changed ringtone to a song on my phone. Suddenly same issue.
Changed it back to standard tone and went back to being fine again.
Cant understand how it effects it, must be a software issue.

That’s a good enough reason to do that to mine. Appreciate your troubleshooting!

Hi all

when I got this response I thought great, that’s a new angle and will sort it but guess what??

no difference :frowning: On door bell I’ve chosen default but on motion I don’t have a default so left it on windchimes. Also on my tablet which is android 6 there are no issues and the notifications section takes you straight to the ringtones list whilst my mobile operates on android 10 and you have to enable notification storage and by default all the app ringtones are mixed in with the phone notifications…don’t know what else to do but appreciate everyones input…

Ok all good now thank u

Can’t find the actual solution. Can you help

My issue seems to have been resolved when I changed the notification sounds back to the standard alert tones. I had set mine up to play songs from my device. Was fine before it did it, went funny when I chose a song, then back to fine when I reverted back to origanal alert tones…

Could be other issues, try resetting unit, resetting router. Use different devices to see if it’s the device that has the issue, or is a problem with the unit.

Hello
Having the same problem…no mic to doorbell audio on my Nokia 7.1 android 10 yet my wife’s HTC 1 and Lenovo android 6 work fine so must be a android 10 problem?? Have reinstalled loads of times, changed ringtones to default even done a mobile factory reset but still nada…any advice greatly appreciated… thanks…

I have the same echo/quality problems. I saw the thanks to Riley for the solution…but did not see the solution. Could you post it again?

Paddy whack…I had audio feedback issues, with the first unit.
There was a 1 second delay when speaking. your own voice would be repeated back to you on your device.
In addition, outside, a caller would have the same parrot effect on their own voice.

I contacted support who ran through various tests whilst on the phone. This included resetting the unit, the router, the device.
We also tried using device WiFi hot-spot to see if it was the house Internet.
Tried various devices, including android and IOS. All gave same issue.

Advised to send first unit back as probably faulty.

Second unit arrived. Set up following App.
Found no feedback issue.
On personalisation of unit, I found feedback issue as before started.
The only thing I had changed was the ringtone/ notification sound within the app.
I had chosen a song from within my device.

On changing this back to standard sounds, I found the feedback issue disappeared.

At present not had feedback issue since.
Software issue?

Although my doorbell communicates with my phone, but itself produces a clicking sound and when I open audio to speak to the customer outside the door they hear nothing, but I hear them. I think there is a problem with the speaker.

To this day I still have this problem. I have a Nokia 7.1 android 10 handset and I have tried factory resets, changing ringtones to default, resetting lord knows how many times but am still unable to speak to anyone at the front door but I can hear them. Since my original post in January we’ve installed cameras in the house with the same two way speak facilty but have the same problem. I have to accept it must be a handset issue. My wife recently got a new samsung with android 9 and it works fine. I will not change my Nokia as I only got it last year and for everything else I love the handset. To sort the communication problem my wifes son gave me an old HTC android 6 handset and guess what?? The two way communication works fine. Maybe it’s an android 10 issue, who knows…

I too, have the same issue, it has to do with our newer Android phones. Playback is fine, when I use my IPad, or Echo Shows, no issues. When I try to speak directly to someone at the door through my Galaxy s10+, it is totally garbled, the same with my husbands Galaxy S9. This is a BIG issue bc if we see activity at our door when away from home, we need to be able to be clearly heard when we speak through our phones, which is all we have when we are away. It is a security issue when we are not able to speak clearly to who is at the door. Please, please fix this issue. Many of us love our phones and need them to work. We even upgraded to the most expenive Ring Doorbell thinking it was our internet, spent $500 and now it will not work. If there is any progress, please let us know. Many different threads say the same, and go unanswered. Please get a fix for android users…

I’m sorry you’re in the same predicament but also kinda relieved it’s not just me… hopefully ring will get on the case as it’s not fair we spend all this money on their products but can’t use it to it’s full potential…

Get an app called Rapid Ring

That sorted the problem put for me
Oneplus5t

I have spent hours on the phone, tried a replacement, most recently hung up on as i was waiting for advanced support for the 2nd time. It is just too painful – every Ring person tries to start from scratch, and then I start all over again.

Too bad, i have Ring security system too, but this run around might turn me to other products. The echo is just horrible, and does it on Rapid Ring as well.

I have updated my phone to the latest updates for the ring app and also the latest OnePlus patches and system updates and it now seems to be working correctly.

Just test both ring app and ring rapid and all seems to be ok.

I had the same problem with my I phone. I followed some else’s suggestion and disabled the event history timeline and solved the problem.

1 Like

I dont know if this the same for everyone here. i just get choppy broken audio when i switch to call. in playback it all seems fine. if im just listening in on live mode all good. but when i hit that green call button, boom choppy and inaudible. i can barely understand them and they can barely understand me. soo annoying. im still running a samsung s7 android 8.0. i have the issue with the floodlight cameras as well same issue with the mrs samsung s9

anyone found a proper fix or know what to do. called up ring and they said nothing to do with us, its a samsung issue

thank you