Doorbell Pro 2 way audio issue

Same volume so how do I fix it tks

I have the same problem and use both an iPhone and Amazon devices such as Dot or Echo show to answer the doorbell.
From the doorbell end I find the audio so bad that it is almost useless.
My WiFi is fibre 72mbs and RSSI is 56. Surely the audio should be better than this.
Ring Pro. Device was exchanged by Ring but no change at all.

I can’t hear the person at the door unless I mute my mic iPhone. And if I click on go to solution for this thread there is no
Link to a video. Help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry. I replaced the unit and it’s better now, however having video issues now.

exchanged mine where i bought it, the audio works good now

i recently exchanged mine. Works good now

i exchanged mine. works good now

Hello all, got a ringbell 2 for Chrimbo and all works well apart from mobile to bell audio. Other way is fine…have done a hard reset and reset router but nothing…any tips greatly appreciated…btw, mobile operating system is android One. Thanks

Found the solution. I had the same. I found it was the ringtone that I had set up on my phone causing issues. Only use the normal ringtone in the app and not a song on your phone.

Not sure how the ring tone would cause static on two way communucation

No idea… I bought a ring 2 about 4 weeks ago. Set it up and found I had two way issues. Could hear my voice after a second delay, also person outside the same. Called customer service and they true everything. In the end said to send back as a faulty unit.
New one arrived today. Set it up and all was fine with no feedback… Changed ringtone to a song on my phone. Suddenly same issue.
Changed it back to standard tone and went back to being fine again.
Cant understand how it effects it, must be a software issue.

That’s a good enough reason to do that to mine. Appreciate your troubleshooting!

Hi all

when I got this response I thought great, that’s a new angle and will sort it but guess what??

no difference :frowning: On door bell I’ve chosen default but on motion I don’t have a default so left it on windchimes. Also on my tablet which is android 6 there are no issues and the notifications section takes you straight to the ringtones list whilst my mobile operates on android 10 and you have to enable notification storage and by default all the app ringtones are mixed in with the phone notifications…don’t know what else to do but appreciate everyones input…

Ok all good now thank u

Can’t find the actual solution. Can you help

My issue seems to have been resolved when I changed the notification sounds back to the standard alert tones. I had set mine up to play songs from my device. Was fine before it did it, went funny when I chose a song, then back to fine when I reverted back to origanal alert tones…

Could be other issues, try resetting unit, resetting router. Use different devices to see if it’s the device that has the issue, or is a problem with the unit.

Hello
Having the same problem…no mic to doorbell audio on my Nokia 7.1 android 10 yet my wife’s HTC 1 and Lenovo android 6 work fine so must be a android 10 problem?? Have reinstalled loads of times, changed ringtones to default even done a mobile factory reset but still nada…any advice greatly appreciated… thanks…

I have the same echo/quality problems. I saw the thanks to Riley for the solution…but did not see the solution. Could you post it again?

Paddy whack…I had audio feedback issues, with the first unit.
There was a 1 second delay when speaking. your own voice would be repeated back to you on your device.
In addition, outside, a caller would have the same parrot effect on their own voice.

I contacted support who ran through various tests whilst on the phone. This included resetting the unit, the router, the device.
We also tried using device WiFi hot-spot to see if it was the house Internet.
Tried various devices, including android and IOS. All gave same issue.

Advised to send first unit back as probably faulty.

Second unit arrived. Set up following App.
Found no feedback issue.
On personalisation of unit, I found feedback issue as before started.
The only thing I had changed was the ringtone/ notification sound within the app.
I had chosen a song from within my device.

On changing this back to standard sounds, I found the feedback issue disappeared.

At present not had feedback issue since.
Software issue?

Although my doorbell communicates with my phone, but itself produces a clicking sound and when I open audio to speak to the customer outside the door they hear nothing, but I hear them. I think there is a problem with the speaker.