Doorbell Presses

Hello, I hope your well.

I’m asking for help regarding my ring video doorbell 3, generally when the doorbell is pressed for the first and sometimes the second press in the day it doesn’t alert me on my phone or through my Amazon Alexa. It also does not show in the app that the bell has been pressed. The only reason I know the bell has been pressed is if I’m in the living room and can here the chime on the doorbell it’s self outside.

The strange thing is, is works mostly fine after that, it just seems to be the first and second presses. I have reconnected it to my WiFi to see if that would fix the problem but it doesn’t seem to of had an effect.

I really don’t know what’s causing this strange behaviour but there definitely does seem to be a pattern of it not working on the first few presses.

Thanks a lot
Cory

Hi @Cory. It is definitely strange that your Doorbell won’t alert you for the first few presses of the day. I would try to record the specific time this is happening then try to contact our support tram to see what might be happening during these doorbell pushes. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.