Doorbell 3 keeps going offline

I am not happy, twice in a,week it has crashed & stopped working , I keep having to log in the device again like the first time I installed it which is time consuming.

Also if I dont buy protection plan Willis stop recording history?

My cousin has doorbell 2 and she doesnt need to buy plan, it still records?

Hey @Libby0403. If your device is falling offline a lot, you will need to ensure you have the proper ports and protocols open/adjusted on your network’s settings. In the event the device still does not stay online, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

When it comes to the plan, you will need a Protect Plan active and subscribed on your account in order to get video storage after your trial. It’s possible your cousin has an extender trial, as I believe Costco offers a 12 month trial with some of their Ring products that they sell. If you do not have an active trial or plan on your account, you will only be able to view the Live View, and no events will be recorded or stored. In addition, any lapse in plan will result to all videos being deleted and not recorded, as all videos are delete from the cloud storage when there is not an active plan to cover it.