Doorbell 2 not displaying video on motion alert, over-riding current display

When motion is detected by my Doorbell 2, video should be displayed immediately on my Moto G5 S Plus, over-riding any current display. It doesn’t do this - why not ?

Hey @Ppanther. The Ring app is designed to send you notifications when you get a ding or motion alert, but to not automatically pull up this Live View. If you miss the chance to select the notification, it will automatically record and store the video after the recording has stopped, and therefore when you click on that notification now, you’ll get the recording instead of the Live View.

Having the notification automatically open the Live View is not a feature at this time. Although, this is a great idea that I could see neighbors benefiting from if they wanted it this way! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Thanks for this. However, this is not the way it appears in the ads, which suggest that the display is activated automatically. The way you describe it goes some way to explaining the delay. First of all the wi fi time lag followed by the user then having to access the video manually.

Needs addressing !

And also - Doesn’t “Override Do Not Disturb” address this ?

@Ppanther Thank you so much for your feedback on this! I will make sure to pass on this to the appropriate teams so we can look into having things be as clear and realistic as we can. We always want to ensure we are being as transparent as possible, so this is very helpful information! :slight_smile:

In regards to the override with Do Not Disturb: We used to not have this feature, so neighbors, specifically with the Ring Alarm, may miss an alarming notification when their phone was on Do Not Disturb. Especially since neighbors will put their phone on Do Not Disturb at night time, we recognized that we needed to change this and allow these emergency alerts to go through. You can learn more about this feature and how it works here!