Doorbell 2 connected to the Chime Pro with the weakest signal

I followed the best practice described above when there are 2 or more chime pros installed.

It worked fine - the doorbell connected to the preferred chime pro. However, other devices that were presumably connected to the chime pro that was temporarily unplugged reconnected to the chime pro that remained plugged in. In some cases giving them a weaker signal even after both chime pros were back on line.

At least for my setup, there is an alternative solution - a trick that doesn’t require unplugging a chime pro. It’s counter intuitive - if I setup a new device (i.e., a stick up cam) temporarily positioned a few feet from the chime pro that is **not** the preferred chime pro, oddly, it will connect to the preferred chime pro which is some distance and a few walls away (thus a weak signal). Then when I move the new device to it’s final location closer to the preferred chime pro, it remains connected to it with a much better signal level.

My issue is resolved, but my suggestion to the Ring developers is to give the user the option to select the chime pro a device is connected to. That would allow network optimization and provide network predictability for customers with a lot of ring devices.