Doorbell 2 SLOW response time (ringing, motion, video)

Hi Ring Community,

I saw a post dated about 5 months ago describing this problem but no satisfactory answer apart from “check your RSSI”.

My doorbell 2 is battery powered and RSSI reading is 38. According to the resources here, anything under RSSI - 40 is considered strong.

I have configured the doorbell with motion and ring notifications but it suffers from delays that are beyond practical. Often times pinging my phone 30 seconds or more after the motion or ring has occurred.

I’ve had this doorbell for over a year and it used to be better, shorter delay time. But now, it has become really unreliable. I am typing this up as I’ve just missed another courier delivery because of the ring delay.

1 Like

Hi @dbz. Are you only experiencing a delay when receiving notifications from the Ring App, or do any of the Live Views or recorded events show a delay or lag? If it’s only the notifications, I’d recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. You can also give the Rapid Ring App a try, which is designed to be a more lightweight companion to the Ring App. It will allow you to answer notifications and access the Live View more quickly. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: