Disable or change battery push notification

Hi,

Since a couple of days my Ring doorbell sends a push notification when the battery is at 30% or 20%. This notification is using the same sound as when someone rings the door which is confusing when someone is actually ringing the doorbell.

Is there a way to turn off this notification or change the sound for it?

We’re using iPhones and iPads with the Ring Video Doorbell “1”

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi. How do I stop my doorbell from ringing as if someone is at the door, when I the battery gets to 30% and 20%. It’s only just started doing this, and it woke us up at 05.27 this morning.

Hey neighbors! There is not a way to turn off this Low Battery notification at this time or change the alert tone type. Rest assured I have passed on this feedback to the appropriate teams and we are looking for alternative solution at this time, as I have also seen this on my Ring app/phone and found it confusing at first too. I will make sure to keep you updated here if we are able to make any changes in the near future to this feature, and appreciate the patience in the meantime. :slight_smile:

This is taking too long to resolve, the notification woke us and our dogs up around 5 am this morning as well. If Ring is unable to figure out a solution revert to the previous non intrusive method as this is not a customer friendly/requested change.

This low battery notification is keeping me awake! This is unacceptable!

My ring camera is doing the same thing but it’s every hour wtf is going on with this thing?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.