Disable night vision on Ring Pro video doorbell

Any idea why my night mode looks like this??

Turn your light off. Then the Infrared light will illuminate farther out as long as that white wood doesn’t reflect it back

Marley, I have the RingPro and still have not received any update as to when we will have the option to turn off night vision. My camera is awful at night. I have 5 year old LogiCircle Cameras that give me this option and they work perfectly with the ambient light provided. Very clear. Can you please provide an answer why this upgrade hasn’t happened yet and when it will?

Yes,

Because it is a piece of junk. Ring does not care. Been waiting for a solution for a LONG TIME.

do you have an outside light source on? that would be my thought.

Bummer, I dont feel safe with my house dark and no outside light on

Yeah there’s plenty of light outside. My old cameras would automatically turn off night mode when the street light comes on. Also, I literally shined a very bright LED light directly onto the RingPro and it Still didn’t turn off the night vision. But during the day, it’s off.

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac with no street lamps :frowning: it’s pitch dark here. Maybe I’ll invest in a motion detection light then. Thank you

To be honest. A light does not really protect you. You could buy an infra red light bulb at a store and try that. Pic would be black and white but better than nothing.

It’s a good suggestion but you would think for the premium amount of money paid for a Ring camera, It would be a premium product with all the features of even the “cheaper” competitors out there. Kudos to Ring’s marketing! It does an awesome job selling Ring Products to consumers but the product misses the mark with its features vs. the competitor.

Marley, you still with us?

Marley’s answer didn’t help at all. Color night vision is useless.

RING SUPPORT: Please update the firmware to enable turning off night vision completely.

2 Likes

Low light adjustment for any lens is often dependent upon the lighting in the area. Our devices feature night vision which should help in most environments, during the night time. For certain environments or lighting, the Color Night Vision feature will can also improve this.

Sometimes adjusting the angle of your Ring device can help, I recommend looking into our wedge or corner kits on our accessories page, if settings have not helped.

I recommend also checking out our Security Cams that feature lights. Feel free to check out our Feature Request Board to vote on requests and/ or make a new request. :slight_smile:

Marley_Ring,

Great that you are still monitoring the forum, and even better that you are going to provide feedback to the approproate team, can I please as that your feedback be strongly worded to ensure some action is taken !

Just one comment, when you state :

“Our devices feature night vision adjustment which should help in most environments”

This statement is not really 100% accurate. The night vision adjustment is not available to the user in any way at all, it is completely automatic, and as can be seen by the miriad of posts in this thread it is actually no helping most environments at all.

Again I appreciate that you are going to provide feedback, could I ask you to provide some feedback to this thread on what the “appropriate” team intends to do ?

Thanks
Matt

Marley,

While your reply, offers different solutions, it doesn’t answer the ongoing question which is “when will Ring update the software so that consumers can have the option to turn off night vision if we choose to do so?”

Nobody at Ring will answer that. Why can’t Ring resolve that specific issue? I, as well as many other consumers just don’t understand… As I mentioned before, less expensive cameras offer this option and it works perfectly! I’ve seen plenty of remarks from others on different Forums about their frustrations over this particular issue. If you or your upper Management can answer these questions why Ring won’t move forward on this, that would be great. Look forward to Ring’s response on this.

Unfortunately @Marley_Ring, this does not help. We have tried changing the angle as well as adding extra light. The feature I would really like is to disable the night mode. There is plenty of light to get a good picture but when it turns on the camera is useless. See these pictures. If I could disable night mode I would always have a good view. But every night it seems to be turned on at some point, maybe a car drives by or a bug or rain.

Please upgrade software so I can turn it off.

1 Like

Again thank you for your reply. A canned response does nothing to resolve the issue.

I ama t the point of asking you to issue me a RMA and refund me my money for this. Also, I paid for a subscription for your colud storage. I woul dlike that back as well. I did purchase this at a 3rd party vendor but it is your product. I am beyond frustrated that the devise does not work as intended and it is not my internet I pull a constant 3 ms latency and 325 Mbs down and 432 up even on my wi-fi. Looking forward to a Return Material Auth. I do have my invoice from the 3rd party vendor

thank you

chip

Neighbors, we’ve taken your feedback seriously and have shared this, with emphasis, with our teams. We wanted to remind you that while this feature is not an option with our Doorbells, it is currently available on the Indoor Cam and Stick up Cam with the “Infrared Lights for Night Vision" on or off toggle in “Device Settings”.

Rest assured that our team is always working to perfect and expand on our features, such as this one. As we continue to remind our team here of our neighbors’ requests, we will also ensure to update the Community with any updates on this feature for Doorbells. Thank you again for the patience, and for being the best part of Ring!

1 Like

Ok i wait with baited breath thanks for the response

I do have a ring doorbell pro my night vision ruins my picture totally it used to work fine when they added the color night it looked like day because my yard is lit up with some kind of firmware update they had ruined it! so all They need to do is make another button to turn on IR night vision or turn it off that would solve everybody’s problem I don’t know why ring has to be so stubborn it’s causing me to want to go to another company and I’m about ready to.

1 Like

I’m wondering if Ring braintrust understands that people aren’t spending this amount of money for a doorbell … but security at night with decent quality picture. How difficult can it be to add a software feature to all Doorbell owners to shut off night vision? You know Ring will have that feature in their next generation Doorbell so why not now. I have that option in my $25 Wyze camera, by the way. Love Ring, but …