Different App view

My wife and I both have iPhone X. I invited my wife to Ring. Her app version looks different than mine but both say firmware is up to date. Why would this be?

Owner vs shared account? Shared accounts don’t have all the same tiles and options since they can’t change Ring device settings, only settings local to their device. So when you say you invited her, if you are meaning you created a shared account for her under a different email address, that’s a shared user account. She will not have access to modify any device settings, so those options won’t appear for her at all on a shared login.

Based on your very limited and vague question, that’s my best guess. Without sharing what’s different, it’s impossible for me to know for sure what you’re specifically asking, but that’s my best guess.

@abqnm , thank you for helping out @eas with this explanation of how the shared user experience is different. As a reminder, the Community is a place for peer to peer interaction and team work. Tagging another neighbor and asking further questions is a great way to keep the conversation going if you have questions about their inquiry.

1 Like

@Riley_Ring wrote:

@abqnm , thank you for helping out @eas with this explanation of how the shared user experience is different. As a reminder, the Community is a place for peer to peer interaction and team work. Tagging another neighbor and asking further questions is a great way to keep the conversation going if you have questions about their inquiry.

Until tagging works on mobile, I’m not going to be able to tag beyond switching to desktop mode and using the quote function, like I’m doing here. The @tagging just doesn’t work on mobile yet, regardless of desktop mode or not. And when I spend only about 10% of my time at an actual PC, it makes it challenging. But I look forward to enhancements to the mobile version of this community so that hopefully it will be possible to tag someone in the future from mobile.

Cheers!

Thank you for your patience @abqnm as we continue to update features in the Community!

1 Like