Device connectivity and event log.

Is there a log and how can it be accessed to troubleshoot missing events and spans of time?

Hey @ExpatMunich. Whenever there is a motion detected event, you will see the log of the event in the event history. If you do not see an event in the event history that you know happened, you can assume the device was unable to capture it. Are you finding that you have a lot of missed events?

Yes and I’d like to know exactly when my device is offline. There was an event where my neighbor barged into my apartment without permission and the event was recorded and it showed up on my timeline but when going back to look for it the same day it was gone somehow. My internet router keeps a log file and allows me to know when it is offline or experiencing problems in order to troubleshoot it, how do I access the log for the ring device??

@ExpatMunich Thank you for clarifying your needs! At this time, we do not have something like this in place. You will only be able to see what you can in the Device Health section, which lets you know the status of your device at that time. Our support team does have this information available if the device is still on your account, and can help you get this information when you need it most. I totally understand how important that can be in a situation like what you were in yourself.

For the future, this is a great idea and feature we can bring to our neighbors. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.