cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed notification

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Delayed notification

Mine suspiciously started happening once I stopped the subscription to the garage but kept the doorbell. Doorbell instant notifications. But the garage camera which I don't need to have recorded just need the notifications sometimes comes in up to a min late .. very suspicious Ring .... Don't pay. Don't get notified straight away.. hmmmmmmm???? I've noticed the camera is red as of there's a connection issue with it or something but the camera is literally 2metres from the modem with no obstruction and my Internet speeds are average 90mbps down and 35up..
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @AndrewAus, happy to chime in here. I would suggest checking the RSSI on the device that you're receiving delayed notifications for, as a high RSSI can cause this to happen. You can learn more about how RSSI is measured and how to improve the signal your Ring device is receiving in our Help Center Article here. If you're not able to resolve your concern, the next step would be to reach out to our support team so they can take a deeper look at this for you. You give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Caitlyn, it should be fine, it was working perfectly when I had the free subscription, as soon as I stopped it as I didn't need it's notifications have gone down in responsiveness, like the mentioned modem is less than 2m and clear line of sight. Could be a connection to internet issue but I have zero issues with my doorbell just the camera that's not on a subscription. Just seems suspicious to me is all. 🤔
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes my RSSI is 32 and the notifications are delayed - they used to be instant. I believe its an issue with the Ring side.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Might just be a coincidence,,,  but...

I have x2 Amazon echo show devices,  x1 Echo dot,,, x1 echo original,  x1 samsung galaxt A21s,,,,,,and a Samsung s4 tablet.   And  a Doorbell pro.

All are connected to the same wifi ..... When an event occurs  ,,,motion or Ding....  I can guarantee all devices will alert more or less instantly,,,, EXCEPT the samsungs.  The phone is  50%  on time and 50% late with the notification ,,,,,,,,the samsung Tablet is ALWAYS late,,,,,,sometimes 20 /30 seconds late.   

I have no idea why.