cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed notification

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Delayed notification

I have delay in notifications of any movements in front of the door bell and also the same delay if any one presses the door bell
I had few phone calls support with tech team but still the same
Can any one help me
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Delayed notification

Hey @Saigiridhar. What kind of Doorbell do you have? What is this delay like (how many seconds, video examples if you have any)? What steps have you done to try to help this delay? What is the RSSI for your device?

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi
I have a ring vedio.door bell 2
The delay is for 20 to 30 seconds on motion, and almost the same for door bell too
RSSI mentions the strength is excellent
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Saigiridhar What kind of phone do you have? There should be a delay of a couple seconds when it comes to notifications coming to your home, but there could also be a slight additional couple seconds of a delay from the device booting up. Have you been able to test the device yourself, by dinging the Doorbell, and see how long it takes for the notification to pop up?

Please note that the Doorbell will get the ding to turn on or turn on from sensing motion, which then the device will turn on, start recording, and then send a signal to your router to tell the network the device is on, and to send the notification to your home. From the network then it goes to your phone, which this time will be sped up if you are home, connected to the same network. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue. When I first got the doorbell the notifications were instant or close to it. Over the last few months they have become more and more delayed, and I am wondering if the relay to your server is slow or if you are having capacity issues? I added two cameras without notifications and can usually see the footage on them faster than the doorbell. The doorbell is closer to the wifi that one of the cameras, and has better signal strength. I have actually increased the signal strength by adding another access point and changing to that, but it's not made any difference to the doorbell. My other devices have had a much better response. Please advise.....I am in Australia.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am very keen to work out why. RSSI varies from 45-60

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @DougDoyle! If your RSSI is showing fluctuation between -45 and -60, this might be an indicator of network delivery speeds. As you mentioned, your other Cameras on the account notify quickly compared to your Doorbell, the best first step will be to check on your Doorbell RSSI readings over time. Anytime it reaches close to -60, it is an indicator of major interference or distance between the router and device. 

As your other Ring devices are notifying as intended, this will usually mean that the Ring app is working and your mobile device is communicating as expected. Feel free to remove and reinstall the Ring app, or even test out the Rapid Ring app, just to see if notification delays improve. Ultimately, as long as you Video Doorbell as an RSSI closer to -40, there should be no delay in notifications. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Marley_Ring The others are not notifying faster.

This used to be instant using the same infrastructure.

Has the service slowed? Does it make a difference that I an in Australia?

I tried Rapid Ring a while back and didn't like it.

Thanks

Doug

Highlighted
Community Manager

This is indeed odd to hear. Your notifications should reach your phone in a reasonable time, regardless of location. Of course, variables such as apps or features enabled on phone, or cell tower connection if using cellular data, should still be considered. What is your mobile device type, and what version of Ring app are you operating? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Marley

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and I get delays whether on wifi or cellular. My home internet is cable which has a download speed of 90-105mbs and an upload speed of 1-1.5mbs. The infrastructure is the same its been for a few years. The ring app is version 3.29.0

Thanks

Doug