Delayed notification

I have delay in notifications of any movements in front of the door bell and also the same delay if any one presses the door bell
I had few phone calls support with tech team but still the same
Can any one help me

1 Like

Hey @Saigiridhar. What kind of Doorbell do you have? What is this delay like (how many seconds, video examples if you have any)? What steps have you done to try to help this delay? What is the RSSI for your device?

Hi
I have a ring vedio.door bell 2
The delay is for 20 to 30 seconds on motion, and almost the same for door bell too
RSSI mentions the strength is excellent

1 Like

@Saigiridhar What kind of phone do you have? There should be a delay of a couple seconds when it comes to notifications coming to your home, but there could also be a slight additional couple seconds of a delay from the device booting up. Have you been able to test the device yourself, by dinging the Doorbell, and see how long it takes for the notification to pop up?

Please note that the Doorbell will get the ding to turn on or turn on from sensing motion, which then the device will turn on, start recording, and then send a signal to your router to tell the network the device is on, and to send the notification to your home. From the network then it goes to your phone, which this time will be sped up if you are home, connected to the same network.

I have the same issue. When I first got the doorbell the notifications were instant or close to it. Over the last few months they have become more and more delayed, and I am wondering if the relay to your server is slow or if you are having capacity issues? I added two cameras without notifications and can usually see the footage on them faster than the doorbell. The doorbell is closer to the wifi that one of the cameras, and has better signal strength. I have actually increased the signal strength by adding another access point and changing to that, but it’s not made any difference to the doorbell. My other devices have had a much better response. Please advise…I am in Australia.

1 Like

I am very keen to work out why. RSSI varies from 45-60

Hi @DougDoyle! If your RSSI is showing fluctuation between -45 and -60, this might be an indicator of network delivery speeds. As you mentioned, your other Cameras on the account notify quickly compared to your Doorbell, the best first step will be to check on your Doorbell RSSI readings over time. Anytime it reaches close to -60, it is an indicator of major interference or distance between the router and device.

As your other Ring devices are notifying as intended, this will usually mean that the Ring app is working and your mobile device is communicating as expected. Feel free to remove and reinstall the Ring app, or even test out the Rapid Ring app, just to see if notification delays improve. Ultimately, as long as you Video Doorbell as an RSSI closer to -40, there should be no delay in notifications. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Hi Marley_Ring The others are not notifying faster.

This used to be instant using the same infrastructure.

Has the service slowed? Does it make a difference that I an in Australia?

I tried Rapid Ring a while back and didn’t like it.

Thanks

Doug

This is indeed odd to hear. Your notifications should reach your phone in a reasonable time, regardless of location. Of course, variables such as apps or features enabled on phone, or cell tower connection if using cellular data, should still be considered. What is your mobile device type, and what version of Ring app are you operating?

Hi Marley

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and I get delays whether on wifi or cellular. My home internet is cable which has a download speed of 90-105mbs and an upload speed of 1-1.5mbs. The infrastructure is the same its been for a few years. The ring app is version 3.29.0

Thanks

Doug

Mine suspiciously started happening once I stopped the subscription to the garage but kept the doorbell. Doorbell instant notifications. But the garage camera which I don’t need to have recorded just need the notifications sometimes comes in up to a min late … very suspicious Ring … Don’t pay. Don’t get notified straight away… hmmmmmmm??? I’ve noticed the camera is red as of there’s a connection issue with it or something but the camera is literally 2metres from the modem with no obstruction and my Internet speeds are average 90mbps down and 35up…

Hi @AndrewAus, happy to chime in here. I would suggest checking the RSSI on the device that you’re receiving delayed notifications for, as a high RSSI can cause this to happen. You can learn more about how RSSI is measured and how to improve the signal your Ring device is receiving in our Help Center Article here. If you’re not able to resolve your concern, the next step would be to reach out to our support team so they can take a deeper look at this for you. You give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn, it should be fine, it was working perfectly when I had the free subscription, as soon as I stopped it as I didn’t need it’s notifications have gone down in responsiveness, like the mentioned modem is less than 2m and clear line of sight. Could be a connection to internet issue but I have zero issues with my doorbell just the camera that’s not on a subscription. Just seems suspicious to me is all. ?

Yes my RSSI is 32 and the notifications are delayed - they used to be instant. I believe its an issue with the Ring side.

1 Like

Might just be a coincidence, but…

I have x2 Amazon echo show devices, x1 Echo dot, x1 echo original, x1 samsung galaxt A21s,and a Samsung s4 tablet. And a Doorbell pro.

All are connected to the same wifi … When an event occurs ,motion or Ding… I can guarantee all devices will alert more or less instantly, EXCEPT the samsungs. The phone is 50% on time and 50% late with the notification ,the samsung Tablet is ALWAYS late,sometimes 20 /30 seconds late.

I have no idea why.

I’m experiencing what most of the folks in the post are reporting. The notifications when I purchased were almost instant and now they are around 30 seconds for more. Amazon and Ring really need to fix this issue, that it’s happening to so many people is highly disturbing and I’ve already started to investigate alternative camera’s / companies. Fix it … quit blaming the customers!

Hi @Daxx. When this happens, it could be related to your network. Try rebooting your internet router and then ring your Doorbell to see if there is an improvement… This should help improve the speed of your notifications.

Hi all,

I’m also in Australia and have a 2 x flood light cams, 2 x chime pro extenders and 1 x video doorbell pro.

My internet provider is great with speeds in excess of 100 Mbps and all devices have sufficient wifi signal. The chime pro extenders have made no difference to the network strength on my devices.

Notifications on all devices are delayed, so much so that the devices are completely useless. Delays on doorbell are about one minute delayed and motion of my flood lights are almost as bad.

My mobile phone is android, running version 10. I don’t believe the issue is my mobile phone or internet provider.

Something needs to be done about this!

I’m in Indiana. I have one ring camera 2.0 with good connections. Motion detection and doorbell ring push notification to android devices are delayed 30 to 60 seconds. The Chime unit is delayed about 15 to 30 seconds. I have a comcast cable modem and wireless router. all ring devices are on the same wireless router. Rebooting the entire thing helped but does not cure the issues The delays all appear to be on RINGs end not the local network.

The AUDIO delay problem for motion detected makes my Wired Ring useless.
I ALWAYS get prompt text notifications, but the audio notification delay goes from 1-2 seconds to NEVER!

My (Android 10) phone reset usually helps, but this only lasts for 1-2 days before another reset is needed. This is NOT a fix.

My RSSI is -58 and my Ring Doorbell is about 28 ft from my router.

My wifi is solid and I have zero trouble with 3-4 other devices on my wifi.

The Ring help people are of very little help.

Why are the text notifications are almost immediate, but not the audio notifications. There’s gotta be a reason for that.