Delay with Answered Ring in App

I have this issue occur all the time…someone comes to my door to deliver a package. They put down the box, ring the doorbell, and walk away. I get a notification pushed to my phone that someone is at my front door. I open the notification to go to live view and no one is there, they have walked away by the time I get the notification and open live view.

No here is the part that is the issue…at this point I cannot see in the app the recording of the original motion that occurred prior to them ringing the doorbell. There is a lag of several minutes before these events show up in the ring app. So if I wait long enough, eventually I will see the Accepted Ring event show up in the ring app where the person first walked up to my porch and then a live view event where I responded to the original ring notification.

Are there any settings that would allow me to see the original event recording sooner than waiting for several minutes for the app to catch up with what has occurred real time?

Thank you for sharing your experience in great detail @AverageJoe. This is not at all the experience we intend, and are happy to assist! Understanding the primary concern is the speed of notification and how it affects the speed at which an event can be answered live.

The best first step for any notification or video concern, is to check wifi connection. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing wifi signal to your Ring device. If wifi signal looks plenty sufficient, the next best step will be to check mobile device and app connection. Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, and ensuring VPN is disabled.

Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: