Delay in alerts for rings of doorbell and motion alerts

Delay in alerts for rings of doorbell and motion alerts

1 Like

To add more context I have a ring doorbell at the front and back of my home and both are set up to the same system as front and back. Back works perfectly for all alerts but front is very delayed for both types (despite me trouble shooting and having a strong wifi connection). Both are version 1 ring doorbells

1 Like

It seems like I am having the same issue. I have ring doorbells (version 1) at the front and back door. They both used to work really well. I have even answered the front door while in China. Recently, the front door will almost never go live. If it does go live, our visitor is long gone. Motion alerts vary a lot. We may get alerts immediately or 10 minutes after the occurence. The back door always works.

During the covid issue, our ISP has increased our speed to 500Mbps. I can reliably stream music (while mowing the yard) or videos while out in front or back yard. If I view the history, all videos are there, and it doesn’t miss recording any ocurrences. I can no longer use it as a video doorbell.

Additionally, I believe the app used to work much more reliably as the old version (without the previews). I used to be able to switch back to the old version and it would improve the operation of the system. I am afraid the older version 1 doorbells may not work well with the newer app updates and added functions.

1 Like

Right there!!

Why is there a 4-5 second delay between a peron coming up steps and the phone/pc alert?

(No, not Wi-Fi! My Wyze camera on same Wi-Fi has < .5 second delay.)

I can hear someone coming up my flight of steps from a floor above, but they are ringing the bell before my alert comes through on cell or PC.

Hey neighbors! Make sure your Ring app is fully updated, and ensure your phone has a strong connection to either wifi or cellular data for the best performance. In addition, your Ring Doorbell or Camera needs a strong connection to prevent delays in notifications. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team for further assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Nice try. Delete/reboot/restore does nothing. Ditto for PC.

Call help numbers? Last time I did that it was an ordeal with Ring saying nothing wrong followed by a big update later that fixed the problem. This is throw away. Ring even took away the funny holliday rings. No joy in Whoville.

So what doorbell do you reccomend as a replacement for my Ring? Nest? Simplysafe?

I can uninstall restart within a week I’m back to delays. today, wife brought groceries took four trips to the car, put everything away, sat down went through messages and finally got the notification of motion. before uninstalling, I left to pick up meds at the pharmacy 6 miles away, drove there, waited in line at drive through, got home, picked out a movie and got through the credits before getting the notification of me leaving for the pharmacy. Once it had gone off after midnight for when I gone out at 8:00pm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.