Daytime image is too dark to see faces

When I see the constant ads on TV for the Ring Video Doorbells they show very clear images of people at the doors of homes, but I have not been able to get the same video on 2 cameras that I have installed. I returned my first Doorbell 2 because I could not adjust the camera to be able to make out peoples faces, they were too dark in daylight. Tried CS but they were useless. Decided to try another one hoping that the first was just a bad unit. Well the second one is exactly the same. I can see people coming to the door but their faces are so dark that I can’t tell who they are. Tried calling CS again and was told that they can see my images and that my camera is working OK. I asked them to email me a photo of what they are seeing but they said they are not able. I cannot understand why daytime video is so dark??

Sorry to hear about this @rcglfr! Our devices all feature a multitude of options and settings to help with tailoring your device to the environment. As each environment varies from the next, sometimes it can take more than settings to optimize your experience. We’re here to help with this! :slight_smile:

In addition to settings and wifi signal being sufficient for top video quality, I recommend also considering angling your device differently with a Wedge Kit, or even mounting it elsewhere if possible. As you’ve attempted with multiple Doorbell models, perhaps one of our Camera models will cover the area and adjust better. To determine the best solution for you, feel free to add a video example.

Totally worthless response by “support”. If you can even call it “support”.

1 Like

Hi @Cardcomm. The Ring Community is a peer-to-peer forum rather than a direct line to our support team. However, I’d be happy to offer some helpful troubleshooting tips and tricks if you provide some information on what your concern with your Ring device or the Ring app is. Feel free to make a new post in whichever category best fits your question, that way other neighbors can chime in as well if they have any suggestions. :slight_smile:

Ya, me too. Night time just fine but day is very dark. This has been perfect for 1+ years. Then the other day, it got dark and stayed that way. CS was, as always, totally useless. Something happened to the camera or the settings. Physically NOTHING CHANGED. I should have bought Google. Tired of this system. When you really need it, it’s not there. Wait for a text code and through the hoops. It’s one ridiculous, annoying system and now this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.