cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Screen on Doorbell 2

New Neighbor

Dark Screen on Doorbell 2

Everything was working fine until I transferred my TV from DTV to Comcast.  The package I got took my internet speed from 250mbps to 150mbps.

Now I have connection issues with my Doorbell 2.

I get the screen on there from last night when I bring the app up, and when I go to live view I get a dark screen.

The doorbell is only about 12ft from my router.

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
New Neighbor II

Re: Dark Screen on Doorbell 2

The first thing to try for trouble shooting is to go into settings, then device health.  You will see a section called tools where you can test your Wi-Fi, and check your device health. Give that a shot first.

Converted from Iris. Currently have a ring alarm, doorbell, wired spotlight cam, and waiting on the new ring lighting!
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Hi @leehop71, thank you for all the detail included in your post to help everyone understand better what is occurring. Were you able to test your Wi-Fi and see the device health as @SonofLiberty82 mentioned?

New Neighbor

I got hold of Ring chat and they had me re-install the Doorbell 2 and, after several days, it appears that was the solution!

Community Moderator

Hi @leehop71, thank you for sharing that update. Happy to hear everything is running smoothly again!