Customer Service Apparently Lagging

I spoke with CS Agent Joseph on November 15th about the trouble I was having with our mechanical doorbell. His answer was to use a Pro Power Kit which he was sending to arrive in 7-10 business days. It never came. I contacted Ring help twice since then and was told they’d get back to me with a tracking number and neither Byran nor Aime have responded .

We were considering investing in the Ring Home Security system but put it on hold until this is resolved. If this is the level of customer service we can expect under Amazon, potential customers need to know from social media what to expect.

If Ring is reviewing these posts please know CS responsiveness isn’t speaking well for you.

David

Hi @DigitalDave - thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your recent experience with support. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks!

Yes, there is.

What is the shipment tracking number for the Pro Power Kit CS Tech Joseph was sending on November 15th?

Have you tried calling in and asking for a supervisor? They’re usually pretty good at locating tracking numbers.

After previously hearing from CS techs Joseph then Bryan then Aimee, Sarah today provided a tracking number which shows no movement of the Pro Power Kit since November 18th when the shipping label was printed. I’m to call back if there’s no movement of the tracking number so I’ll likely have to contact Ring for the 5th time toward getting my Ring Pro to work. When calling again I’ll take your advice and ask for a supervisor.

Since Amazon took over my experience is that there’s a ton of earwash but no actual action. It’s quite frustrating.

November 18, 2019, 2:07 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
REDLANDS, CA 92374
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 2:07 pm on November 18, 2019 in REDLANDS, CA 92374. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I’m not optimistic that anything is being shipped. Maybe I’ll find something on Facebook which will lead to action.

@DigitalDave this is not the experience we intend for our neighbors. Our support is dedicated to providing solutions and we should be doing so efficiently.

I’ve forwarded this post to the appropriate teams for review. In the meantime, I recommend checking in periodically with our chat support for tracking information.

I appreciate your patience thus far and thank you also for your feedback on this process.

Having similar experience. New Ring Pro out-of-the-box only worked for 15 minutes. After contacting Ring support on12/7 a new Ring doorbell would be shipped. Still didn’t ge a track and trace. Contacted support 2nd time. Support request was stilll ‘pending’.

After 4 attempts I asked to be connected to a supervisor who did manage to get the shipment delivered.

It was the wrong part.

Similar problems here -NO ONE at ring does what they indicate they will do- period!!! Does no good to ask for a manager/supervisor - you get the “I am escalating your issue to a supervisor that will contact you in 24 hours” routine - never happens!!! I am at my breaking point with ring. I bougt my equipment at a retailer - hooked up and had issues from the start - they replaced the doorbell and chime pro because super techs said they were defective. Attempted for days with numerous techs to make it perform - no luck!!! Last tech sent me shipping label for refund - now they have my equipment and won’t issue a refund or return my equipment - I will be letting my attorney fight with them going forward - worse to deal with than telephone or cable companies - never again for me - I hope one of you company responders on this chat will contact me - I’ll tell you what I think!!!